Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on September 7, 2012
XXS for Ages 3-5 or 3,3"-3'10"
XS for Ages 6-9 or 3'11"-4'6"
S for Ages 10-13 or 4'7"-5'2"
M for Ages 14-17 or 5'3"-5'9"
L for Ages 18+ or 5'10"-6'1"
XL for Ages 18+ or 6'2"-6'5"

We purchased the XS for our thin 7-year old who is 4'4" and they fit great. He wore them under a pair of Adidas soccer socks, size small. The shin guards stay in place and are comfortable. No complaints.
44 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 12, 2013
They were kinda small.. I"m 23 years old 5'1.5 136 pounds. YOu would think a m would be fine.. YOu might want to get a L.
on April 19, 2015
These shin guards do the job though sizing is off which is why I give it 4 stars. I'm 5'6, female, with a thin-average build. The XL fit me with room to spare. The width of my calves and lower legs is small so I have to wrap the strap as tight as it goes, but the length is what I was going for. I played soccer competitively a decade ago and picked it back up for fun. These don't feel as protective as the shin guards I remember, but I have yet to find a pair that cover as much as these do and I like the ankle support so I'm keeping them. I've only practiced with them so far and they are good for movement as a midfielder. Defenders might need more support. Order a size, or two, up if you like a lengthier coverage.
on October 31, 2014
I ordered these for a kid that is 6"2' who plays keeper and keeps getting cleated above the guard just below the knees. I got an extra large because that size is supposed to be 13in in length and meant for someone over 6ft. The actual guard was a mere 8 1/4" and only covered about 1/2 the kids shin. I'm 5'4" and they covered my shin adequately. I have since arranged to return them and given up on soccer shin guards, we are looking at some lacrosse stx guards but have bought some mma shin guards in the mean time.

I seriously don't understand why NO ONE is making a shin guard in the 9-12in range available. what are tall people supposed to do? seriously. I understand the in thing is small and light at the moment but when skinny pants were in they didn't stop selling regular pants. Why should shin guards be different? Some pros where them from ankle to knee.

I can't speak to this product's ability to take abuse but these seem sturdy enough. The ankle protector placement is good and comfortable.
on November 14, 2015
Bought these for shin protection as I learn to mountain bike since I occasionally take a pedal to the shin and was tired of getting scars. I purchased the XL, and they come 3/4 the way up my long shins (I buy 34 inch inseam pants), which has been sufficient for every pedal hit I've had over the past few months. It's a hard plastic shell that's taken many hard pedal hits without cracking or failing. I find them to be reasonably comfortable, and quickly forget I'm wearing them after I get started. At $5, it's hard to beat, and I've already saved that much in bandages I would have needed otherwise.
on June 17, 2016
I've owned 4 or 5 of these guards, or a similar model from Adidas, over the last 10 years or so. They give decent protection and I like them for the ankle piece that helps to keep it in place. The elastic strap at the bottom does get stretched out over time and the pads in the ankle portion gets worn out and torn also but if you can get these for $5-$10, I think it's well worth it. Usually last me about two years, playing about 36 matches a year, then I toss them and get a new pair. I'm around 5'9" and use size L or XL depends which one I can find at a better deal. The XL will cover a little more area and sits about 5"-6" below my knee cap. I like it there to give me a little more protection.
on December 4, 2015
These are great shin guards regardless of the price. They were $6.65 add-on item when I purchased them and they are cheaper now. I would definitely buy these again. They do exactly what you expect shin guards to do and at a fraction of the price of the more expensive ones. I am a casual soccer player and perhaps a more seasoned player could tell you that there is a difference, but I was very happy with how well these worked. I am 6-feet tall and the X-Large shin guards were the correct size for me. Very happy with the purchase. Happy to answer questions in the comments.
on October 28, 2017
Great shin guards. My son plays all year soccer. These fit well (he is 5'10). He likes the ankle support.
on September 16, 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2012
I use these shin guards regularly for practice, pickup games and for semi competitive tournaments. They are excellent for the price. I'm a guy but I bought a pink one since it was cheaper and no one notices it anyways under you socks. The most important thing according to me, or even generally, is that the shin guard must stay in place and not jiggle under your socks. This does not jiggle so much as some other brands Ive used. After a couple of months of continuous use, the straps do become loose but its still quite usable. From my experience all shin guards get loose after some time due to the straps, so for this price this one does the job! Better to get socks one size small and they fill fit nice and tight!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.