Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 2, 2016
I have wanted a pair of Samba's for a while. This is a slightly different version from the original in that parts of the side sole and bottom are white. The gum traction is also more of that yellow wheat/khaki color than the darker rubber color. The tongue is the same length as most lo-top shoes.

First off, this is an indoor soccer performance shoe, so the fitting will be snug, almost slightly smaller than what you may be used to, and will cater better towards those with narrower feet. I have D width feet and if you are not used to wearing soccer shoes, then I would suggest going at least 1/2 size larger than what you normally wear. Quality is on par to what I expect out of Adidas.

I do not play soccer and these shoes are worn with my casual outfits. Cushioning is not much but comfortable enough for me. They should feel better after they have broken in. I plan on getting another pair of Samba's in white.

I love these shoes!
review image
25 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2015
I purchased the original samba before, and while I liked them, it occurred to me only several months after owning them that they were too small. I gave them to someone else. I wear a size 12 mens and purchased a size 12. However, adidas run slightly small or are narrow, and I have a somewhat wide foot, so I find it's best to order half size up. I was going to purchase another original samba, but saw these instead and decided to go with it. A great decision!

These shoes are tremendously more comfortable than the original samba. The leather is more stiff and supportive, the sole is thicker and the toe box feels sturdier as well. An all-around improvement. Most importantly, the tongue is made of leather and does not squeak or shift to the side when walking. I've worn these for 12+ hours and they still feel great afterwards. The shoe is supportive and will not come off when laced up, but after loosening the laces it slides right off. It's by far the best sneaker I've ever owned.

I have two very minor complaints. One is purely cosmetic. There is an additional adidas logo right at the toes (on top) which I find somewhat off putting. It's color is contrast to the rest of the shoe and seems to stand out in an awkward way. The other is that the laces which come with the shoe are way too long! They flop around like the ears on a Basset hound. Either get some new laces or be creative with the knot.

I've worn these for a few months now and the shoes look almost brand new. I hope to wear these for many years to come and will surely buy another pair when these deteriorate. They are my go to casual shoe, look great and are extremely comfortable. Well recommended!
4 people found this helpful
on March 3, 2018
I guess these are typically sold as indoor soccer shoes, but I love them as outdoor bicycling shoes! I use toe clips and straps on my bicycles, and I like that they allow me to slip out of the toe clips quickly when need be because they are flattish and non-flaring and more or less smooth on the bottom, but have the stiff sole that transmits energy to the pedals without as much loss as more flexible rubbery soles. Plus, they have a slightly sticky sole so that I'm not sliding about the pedals too much. Also, they look great on and off the bike, and can be worn off the bike... I don't have to worry about cleats on hardwood floors or any flooring for that matter or walking on my heals. I can even run if need be in these. Great cycling shoes if one uses toe clips and straps!
One person found this helpful
on May 16, 2016
This is my second pair of sambas and I figured I would give the new edition a try. My old sambas were the classic I believe with the huge tongue and they lasted 5 years! I loved those shoes. They are beat up now but the soles are still intact they just do not look appealing. These new millenium shoes are just as good if not better! I get compliments all the time and they fit and hold up just as well as my old ones. The arch support and strong construction will have me walking and running in these all day. The shorter tongue is also much appreciated. The best pair of shoes I have ever owned.
on September 24, 2016
My favorite version of Adidas sambas. I've at least on pair of Sambas since I was 13. I've had either the classic, millenium or kangaroo leather (long time ago) versions. I like this variant for two reasons: 1. it's not completely flat 2. the tongue is short and therefore more manageable

Samba's do tend to feel a bit narrow when they're first purchased but I wear size 11 in all shoes, including these, and after a day of kicking a ball around they fit perfect.
on February 27, 2016
I was looking for a good indoor soccer shoe. This shoe works well and for what I paid I can not complain. But that said I am certain there are better options if cost is not a significant consideration. I do like the shoe but its a little bulkier than I would have hoped for soccer. The general comfort is pretty good, I tend to get fatigued if I wear a shoe without the support of a running shoe, which is what I wear most days. But this shoe is almost that comfortable for average day wearing. I think as I wear them more they will grow on me. In general I am pretty pleased and I think that the sizing ran pretty true.
on April 8, 2018
I'm on like my 5th pair of these Samba Millenium shoes and so long as Adidas keeps making them I'll keep buying them! Fit true to size and are available in size 12.5 that I like. Not the most supportive shoes but I walk a few miles every day and have no issues with them. I get about 1.5 years of everyday use from these shoes before the rear part of the sole wears through to the foam, then I buy a new pair.
If I have one criticism, the laces are too long. When brand new the laces are a good length but they stretch and end up being longer than they need to be.
on November 28, 2017
I like the design (I've owned multiple pairs of Samba Classics, and these are very similar). I was looking for the classic Adidas styling that Samba's offer, with added arch support from the Classics. These fit the bill. Unfortunately, I found the toe box to be a little too tapered, and despite the shoe being a good length, they squeezed my toes a little on one foot. I ended up returning these as there's zero reason to keep an uncomfortable pair of casual sneakers.
One person found this helpful
on May 20, 2018
Whether you're wearing a leather jacket with tracksuit pants (only Adidas of course) or you need to dress up and go to a wedding, these shoes will complement your wardrobe on any occasion. Whether you're squatting freely while eating sunflower seeds and drinking Baltika, on the run from law enforcement, catching a free ride on the back of the bus, or showing off your fashion style to neighborhood girls, these shoes will fit the bill.
on October 21, 2015
I used to wear the classic Sambas years ago when I was 20 pounds lighter and played soccer in high school and college. I bought this new version based on reviews and it was spot on. These shoes are very good in quality, and more comfortable than the classic Sambas, which is what I needed since I'm placing 10 more lbs on each shoe. I have not had any new Adidas shoes lately and I had not tried these shoes at any store, so I was not very sure if they would fit. I normally wear an 8 in Nike running shoes so I bought the same size and they fit me perfectly. The Amazon shoe size calculator was pointing to a 7.5 and this would have been incorrect as the shoes have a relatively tight fit in the front.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.