Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 1, 2014
The Gazelle has been in the Adidas lineup forever. Some might call it a "retro" shoe, but it's a timeless, no-frills design.
Some things to be aware of, if you're new to the Gazelle:

It's suede. You don't want to get it wet too often. It'll darken the color permanently. If you get the black version, it won't matter as much. Some reviewers complain that it's tight and narrow. This is desirable in suede. As the suede stretches from wear, it conforms to your foot, and you end up with a very comfortable shoe. I'm a 9.5, and that's what I wear in these. It takes about 10 days of daily wear for them to start loosening up on my foot.

The tongue isn't padded. It's a thin, vinyl tongue, like the tongue on the Adidas Samba. When you first get it, it'll be squeaky, until the laces set themselves into the tongue. This thin tongue allows for a more responsive feel on the foot, but it may be an adjustment if you're used to wearing modern moon-boot shoes. In fact, the entire shoe is quite thin, but it isn't floppy. You can easily squeeze into them while they're laced, without having to dig a finger into them to pull the scrunched-up back of the shoe out.

It has a fairly slick sole. You won't be hiking in it. It's not a hard rubber, but it's not a sticky gum rubber, either. It's VERY well bonded to the rubber rand around the bottom. The shoes, in general, are tough, simple, and understated, with the suede providing a bit of casual elegance.

I've worn them for so long that I take them for granted. I think of the Gazelle as a utilitarian shoe, until people comment on them. "Sweet shoes..."

Then I think "Yeah, they really are.".
107 people found this helpful
on June 22, 2017
I've worn Gazelle trainers for many years, I've probably owned more than a dozen pairs. This pair seem... off. The fit is different than normal, the tongue is very uncomfortable. The outer sole is as worn in 3 months use as other pairs I've owned for many years. They have the quality of a counterfeit shoe.
review image
23 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2017
Love the fit and the color. These are bada@# . Really love them. They have a little arch support which is nice, but the first thing I noticed is I can stay on my feet a lot longer. The suede stretches to form to your foot and within no time you have a custom fit shoe. These are replacing my chucks (I love my all stars, but they take a toll on my feet. My dogs be barking!). I highly recommend these bad boys. The only shoe I've worn since they arrived.
5 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2017
I bought the all white synthetic upper with gold lettering. Why 3 stars? First, the shoe is oddly shaped. It is narrow & long. The size 10 which I also wear in New Balance, fit perfectly in the toe region and the width (balls of ones feet). But due to the odd length it was too long in the heel - like an inch. Second, the quality of the shoe looked and felt cheap especially the tongue which was made of a weird material and felt & looked cheap. Third, there was no support in the shoe or the sole of the shoe. I walked around in my office on real hardwood floors - these shoes were unforgiving. My goal for these shoes was not exercise but rather for style like a day out shopping or sight seeing. Based on the few minutes, I wore them indoors on hardwood I knew wearing them for a few hours would be out of the question. The product arrived in excellent condition.
on February 21, 2018
I like the way these look and they're fairly comfortable. The only thing I don't like is that they're pretty squeaky when you walk, which is normally what I do when I'm wearing shoes. It's because the tongue is some kind of rubbery synthetic material. I'd rather pay little more and have shoes that don't squeak. At least they're better than the last pair of Adidas Campus that I bought. Campus used to be my favorite but they changed them in the last year or so to cut costs I suppose, and now I can't wear them anymore so I tried these as a replacement. Adequate but not exciting.
2 people found this helpful
on November 9, 2017
Loved Loved LOVED the shoe. It was exactly what I was looking for and was as expected. However, after reading that 62% of the reviewers claimed the shoe to be true to size I was bummed to find out it was actually a fully size bigger than expected. Adidas Original shoes tend to be on the larger side and I should have known better. The shoes are awesome but thank goodness for free returns cos I need a size smaller.
2 people found this helpful
on June 8, 2017
The seller was fine & I like the 70's look of the shoe. Changing from canvas shoes to these made them seem thick. The tongue is foam & not suede, I somehow missed that detail... The tongue also sticks up further than the rest of the shoe, so I folded it at it's base to level it & laced it all the way up to conceal it, cos' it kinda funky cheap looking way, especially in shorts. The color is bold & the rubber seems comfortable to walk in. I double knott them since the laces are a bit long & they didn't have the half size I needed to I bought the next size...
on December 1, 2017
I love these shoes. I swear they’re my favorites. It was weird getting used to them at first though, they have a large bump under the arch of your foot, which offers nice arch support. But I usually wear converse chuck Taylor’s, and that was a drastic difference. I would buy these again though now that I’m used to them.
on November 1, 2017
I Love these sneakers. They are super comfortable and I had never seen Adidas like these. After I got them and wore them a few days I went back on Amazon to order a second pair to put away, but the price was double what I had paid for these. If the price ever goes cheaper I will but them. Got lots of compliments on them.
on January 30, 2018
It was perfect fit. I bought these two months ago for my teenage son who is not easy to please but he loves them. The only problem of course with suede is that wearing them in the wintertime got them stained quickly. We tried cleaning them but no luck. I just bought a second pair and water/stain proofed them immediately so we won’t have the same problem. My son says they are very comfortable and stylish! Money well spent!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.