Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 1, 2014
The Gazelle has been in the Adidas lineup forever. Some might call it a "retro" shoe, but it's a timeless, no-frills design.
Some things to be aware of, if you're new to the Gazelle:

It's suede. You don't want to get it wet too often. It'll darken the color permanently. If you get the black version, it won't matter as much. Some reviewers complain that it's tight and narrow. This is desirable in suede. As the suede stretches from wear, it conforms to your foot, and you end up with a very comfortable shoe. I'm a 9.5, and that's what I wear in these. It takes about 10 days of daily wear for them to start loosening up on my foot.

The tongue isn't padded. It's a thin, vinyl tongue, like the tongue on the Adidas Samba. When you first get it, it'll be squeaky, until the laces set themselves into the tongue. This thin tongue allows for a more responsive feel on the foot, but it may be an adjustment if you're used to wearing modern moon-boot shoes. In fact, the entire shoe is quite thin, but it isn't floppy. You can easily squeeze into them while they're laced, without having to dig a finger into them to pull the scrunched-up back of the shoe out.

It has a fairly slick sole. You won't be hiking in it. It's not a hard rubber, but it's not a sticky gum rubber, either. It's VERY well bonded to the rubber rand around the bottom. The shoes, in general, are tough, simple, and understated, with the suede providing a bit of casual elegance.

I've worn them for so long that I take them for granted. I think of the Gazelle as a utilitarian shoe, until people comment on them. "Sweet shoes..."

Then I think "Yeah, they really are.".
0Comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 27, 2017
These Adidas Gazelles were just what I was hoping for. Very comfortable, they fit as expected and came with both white and blue laces.
on January 10, 2017
Gave as gift loved them
on July 24, 2017
Fits as expected and I remember why I liked these shoes back in college, just fun to wear about. The only drawback is there is a little bit of a wear in period to get them soft around where they bend for my toes.
on March 15, 2017
Great fit and look even better in person! First time wearing them and everyone asked me where I got them! Got lots of compliments! Great kicks!
on July 19, 2017
Was bought for my friend and he is definitely in love with it. Now he want to buy the same one but in all black. Really good-looking fashionable shoes!
on September 8, 2017
Love them to death. Look great and fit great. They have a nice arch as well which is rare in cool looking sneakers at this price.
on December 1, 2017
Comfortable with retro style. Fits well; nice little street sneaker. I wear them to work as well as out for casual activities.
on December 11, 2017
My husband lives in these and if you treat them with a waterproofing shoe spray they last a good amount of time. Classics!
on August 17, 2017
I've always been a fan of Adidas tennis shoes. These babies are red hot and look sharp with Levis and casual slacks.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.