Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 960 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,058 reviews
on January 28, 2017
Been wanting some of these since I was a young boy.
Queen's Freddie Mercury's Samba trainers he wore for the Wimbley concerts along with his awesome yellow jacket have been in my heart for years lol, now I'm in love with my white Sambas. I have 2 pairs, ones I keep clean and white, and others I use everyday and will be my beat up white Sambas :)
And if you aren't so sure about these cause of the reviewed squeak/noise they make when you walk, I fixed this by putting a bit of baby oil on the squeaking parts. Quiet for about a month then reapply lol.

Buy yourself a pair you'll fall in love with 'em.
on May 6, 2015
Sambas are the best - plain and simple. They look old school when I wear them for indoor soccer. They look good with ankle socks and a pair of shorts in the summer. I'm a 45 year old dad and I refuse to give up to total middle age and wear light colored jeans with the big white Reebok cross trainers - these sambas look great with a pair of cool jeans for a casual look. They actually are cool enough that my 14 year old son asked for the same exact pair.
on September 21, 2015
For problems with squeaking, get a cotton ball and several Q-tips along with Canola oil.

Loosen your laces up A LOT. make sure you pull the sides of the shoe away from the tongue of the shoe to make it open.

Take the cotton ball and put some Canola oil in it, rub everywhere on the tongue of the shoe where it makes contact with the upper part of the shoe. (The actual real leather near or at the laces compared to the synthetic leather the tongue is made of.) Then, use the Q-tips with Canola oil to get in all the nooks and crannies where the tongue contacts the upper, as well as inbetween the lace holes and under them where they contact the tongue of the shoe.

Continue to do this and move the tongue and upper of the shoe against eachother to work the oil into the leather as well as into other places where the oil needs to go. You may need to do this 2 or 3 times in order to get the squeak to go away. Once you do this however, you usually never need to oil them again. (Unless maybe you live in an arid area, I live in the Northwest of the USA so it's pretty humid and cold most of the time here.)

Having owned more than three pairs of Sambas over the course of 5-6 years, I understand how to prep them for wearing to get the squeak out. After you oil them and wear them in a bit, they're the best shoe of this type I've ever worn bar none.
on May 31, 2016
I purchased the white pair and am happy to say that there are no squeaks at all. I wear a 9 in nikes and the 8.5 fit me perfectly. My feet are on the wider side, and these shoes fit great.

Happy with the purchase!
on May 15, 2016
Ordered size 10-1/2 because that what most of shoes fit as. These were the smallest 10-1/2's I have ever put on me feet. Sent them back and got a 11. They were a LOT bigger, seemed to far more than half a size larger. I finally put an extra insole on top of the ones glued in, and that filled out a lot of the space and made them a lot more comfortable to wear. They still seem a tad long, but oh well. What we do for fashion :-) And no, I don't play soccer and I'm not in a hip-hop group. But I like to WATCH the World Cup every four years, and my kids will go to soccer camp for the first time this summer. I wanted black leather sneakers and I love the Adidas stripe. Plus my wife worked for Under Armour for while and they are a-holes there, though they do make a comfortable running shoe, much more comfortable than these are. Though from what I understand these are still among the absolute best indoor soccer shoes.

The other negative about them is that one of the tongues won't break in. It either stabs the middle of my ankle or I have to slide it down to one side out of the way. OK, after all that I'm changing my rating from 4 to 3 stars. They look great though! And hard to beat the price for leather shoe that's been made for over 60 years. If only they still made them exactly the same way. They've replace too much leather with vinyl, which is the main problem with the tongue and why you pretty much have to wear them with socks. They don't breathe like all-leather.

Buy them and send them back if they drive you crazy.
on March 31, 2017
I have had Samba's for years - usually they last several years before the soles wears out. I only use these shoes for day to day use, but I walk quite a bit everday. I've always purchase the version of Sambas will a long tongue.

For my most recent purchase I decided to get these since they have a short tongue. They were great for about two months, same as all of my previous Sambas. Sadly, after the first two months, a hole started to develop in the leather above my left big toe. Since then it only has gotten worse and now my big toe is almost completely exposed.

I'll try getting Sambas again, but I'm going back to the long tongued version and hoping that this issue isn't a general quality problem with Sambas.
on May 6, 2017
I love these shoes - they're classic, simple and can be dressed up or down. I use them for riding my bike, as they're narrow enough to fit into the tow clips without issue. As others have mentioned they squeak in the beginning and look somewhat fake. But after several wears they break in and start to get scuffed, which improves the look. I love that the tongue is shorter than the classic Samba - it renders the shoe more for casual wear and looks better.
on August 13, 2016
I previously had a pair (the ones with the extended tongue) but they a half size larger than my foot and were way too big, so I bought these in my regular foot size thinking I'd get a better fit. With out socks there's still lots of room in the toes to go around. With socks (thin low cuts since its a low cut shoe), its a little better. I have Copa Mundial cleats in this same size and those fit even larger so don't go by cleat sizing. Once you break them in (don't be a freed to get them wet) they are like butter. Maybe they stretched over time? So comfortable. They're light, but don't have arch support. Get some inserts if you're doing to be doing a lot in them, especially if you're active. These are great classics. I love them...just slip them on and go!
on March 29, 2016
I really wanted these shoes as they reminded me of my childhood, but kept reading about how they squeaked when you walked which really put me off purchasing them. I went back and forth with the idea of getting them for a few weeks and then just decided to pull the trigger and find out for myself.
I have to say that these are fantastic shoes at a great price and after a few days the very faint squeak these shoes made disappeared without tampering with them, and I wear them all day every day.
I love these so much that I bought a second pair in white, and although they also have a slight squeak I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again and again.....I have found my shoe.
If you're like me and over research items to the point of driving yourself nuts I would say stop and just get these shoes.
Hope this helped with all you guys sitting on the fence about buying this great shoe.
on February 18, 2013
Updated:
This is the second pair I've bought, as my last pair FINALLY wore out after several years of constant use. While I stand by my previous review, I'd like to add one thing:

For regular use, the lack of sole-support in these shoes will catch up to you. I'm a huge fan of these shoes, but after several years in these guys my heels and toes have started developing some major foot pains. Just 1-2 weeks after buying these, I went out and bought a pair of more-supportive shoes to balance with these to prevent foot pains. Stylish and practical, but not good for your feet in the long-term.

====

Original review:

Pros:
- Stylish in all situations (casual, athletic, work-casual)
- High-quality materials (2+ years and they still look amazing)
- Sturdy soles

Cons:
- Squeaky (but only for first 1-2 months) - sound due to leather flap rubbing against leather
- Mediocre support

All-in-all, these are my favorite "all-around" shoes on the market. I will always own a pair.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.