Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
What are the advantages of this over the Canon SX50? Especially for wildlife shooting?
asked by S. Gupta on April 30, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I have not used the SX50 but I did use the SX40 and was not as pleased as I am with the FZ200. The bright lens and sophisticated software make the FZ200 my choice. I am very happy with it since buying it last summer.
Timothy Meinzen answered on April 30, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not used the SX50 but do own the SX30. It is a much slower camera than the FZ200, making the 200 a better choice for wildlife in my opinion. Also the image stabilization is better on the FZ200 at maximum (48X) magnification.
DWB answered on May 1, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The advantages of the FZ200 are: 1. the constant max aperture of f/2.8 from 25 - 600mm 2. its faster and more quickly resuming burst mode and 3. the fact that you can use external microphones for superior audio recording. The main advantage of the SX50 is its extended zoom range (twice as far). If you going to shoot mostly wildlife in daylight, I would go for the SX50. I shoot sports (as an amateur) and really like the FZ200.
R. Fieser answered on April 30, 2013
Comments (2) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
pa answered on May 1, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Better battery life, faster shooting performance, better EVF, faster focusing, far better video.

If you view F2.8 as 100% light flow, F4.0 is 50, and F5.6 is 25%. Having four times the light to work with is not trivia, actually more than four times the light in the case of the SX-50 when zoomed in. The story of the FZ-200 is summed up primarily by its lens and its blazing fast processor.
Randy Wakeman answered on December 21, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product