Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
I am in a condo with aluminum studs. Does anyone recommend hanging this thing on these studs?
asked by AK on December 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
i have had a 50 inch mounted to aluminum studs for over a year, with the included screws, and have had no problems. They are perfectly capable of carrying the load.
Sean C. answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
B. Allen answered on January 1, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The television mount will work fine with the aluminum studs. You may have to get different bolts for mounting to the wall. This is due to the fact that your mounting into aluminum and not wood. The fasteners sent, I do believe are made for wood. You can acquire the proper bolts from a hardware store. Just explain to them what job you are performing.
Northern1 answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No i would not the studs are thin and hollow. And will not support the movement. If you are not going to move it then try toggle bolts (butterfly bolts). Might work other than that you would need to cut out drywall and put some wood backing.
doghousetattoo answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
if you have aluminum studs, id say mount a piece of plywood to the wall first to spread the load out a bit, but good agressive sheetmetal screws should hold it. another option is to mount to the drywall using toggle bolts Steel Toggle Bolt, Made in US (Pack of 50)
max answered on December 2, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with the toggle bolts but I would mount them through the metal studs for more strength.. By the way, the studs are formed sheet metal, not aluminum.
Amazon Customer answered on January 9, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Metal studs are usually on 24" centers. Are you guys mounting this to a single stud using snap toggles through the drywall on the other side?
Tom G answered on September 14, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mathew answered on December 2, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They are most likely steel studs, but use heavyweight toggle bolts so the weight is spread out over a larger area. Some toggle bolts are rated at 200 lbs.
Paul Lindow answered on December 2, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can feel confident that aluminum studs maybe used exactly like wood studs..don't worry about it or go out of your way to do anything different.
ML answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product