Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Going Rogue: An American Life forum

ama Is Vote Fixing And I Watched It Happen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2010, 6:11:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 3:18:39 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
First AS sent out a post to ama for help because two of her posts had been hidden and one of ama's.

ama than said no post would be hidden.

Than I watched as almost immediately they came back up with seven people agreeing with them.

Than ama posted about Obama and Las Vegas and immediately nine of nine people agree with ama. There weren't nine people on the thread.

It is bad enough that ama calls himself an Independent when he is a right winger.

But this is abuse and I watched it happen with my own eyes.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 6:20:02 PM PST
No wonder he doesn't care that Palin uses SarahPAC money to buy her own books. Cheating and scamming is the Republican way after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010, 6:38:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2010, 6:39:10 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
pru -

Now he just admitted that he called his office and had his employees come on and vote for him and AS to bring their posts back up and to bump his.

Where is that fair? These people are not involved in the discussion in any way. They are just obeying orders.

Heil, ama!

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 8:19:38 PM PST
Doing what Ama has done just proves that he is devious poster. How can anyone believe what he says in his post anymore. Sure he can quote others, but his "original" thoughts should be called into question. Scammer, he is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010, 9:19:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 3:19:48 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Deb - And he doesn't think there is anything wrong with what he did.

He phoned up his office and told people to bump his threads and make sure AS and his posts which had been hidden were no longer hidden.

And than tells me that I am full of crap for calling him unethical. It was surreal. Somebody proudly admitting to vote fixing telling me I am full of BS.

Is this right wing thinking or ama thinking? That is the question.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010, 9:46:58 PM PST
It is Ama thinking. Like I told him on his thread...His fellow conservatives on here don't have his back. Plain and simple. Some friends he has, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 5:35:10 AM PST
Lellie says:
ama = ACORN

fixin' the votes....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 5:49:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011, 11:53:36 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 6:13:24 AM PST
Lellie says:
Timothy,

It was meant as a rhetorical comment. I just thought it was interesting that someone who would accuse an organization of fixing votes does the same thing himself.

Although I don't often post, I do follow the discussions. I couldn't pass up the hypocrisy of this.

P.S. - although off topic, I'm still waiting for Sarah to call for Rush Limbaugh's apology and/or firing....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 6:54:56 AM PST
Lellie - they were just running a story on Good Morning America on Sarah Palin demanding an apology from Rahm Emanuel but strangely, not from Rush Limbaugh.

They were shaking their heads at the two-faced irony. That she lets Limbaugh slide reveals her political motivation in dogging Rahm Emanuel.

Sarah Palin is only a goddess in the minds of a sick minority. Apparently the rest of the country sees her as the tired joke she is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 7:33:15 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011, 11:53:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 4, 2010, 8:05:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 8:05:51 AM PST
Pecos Bill says:
Hahahaha.

So Democrats in this forum use multiple accounts to vote down anyone who disagrees with them. You say nothing.

Republicans come up with a way to make all posts visible so everyone has their say. You protest.

Oh, this thread is a gold mine. The Democrats finally show their true colors. Whining because they CAN'T SILENCE PEOPLE!

Please sticky this thread and keep bumping it. It is a joyous tribute to just how vile and corrupt modern Democrats are.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 9:01:03 AM PST
Lellie says:
Pecos Bill,

Really, your turning an instance of voter manipulation into a case of suppression of free speech? I've not seen any viable evidence that democrates have multiple accounts, but AMA did confess to calling his employees with the sole purpose of cheating the system. Unless the author or Amason deletes a comment, all comments can be viewed.

BTW, I graduated from Gaithersburg HS.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 10:11:48 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 17, 2011, 11:53:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 4, 2010, 12:47:44 PM PST
Pecos Bill says:
Ama is taking steps to ensure that everyone has a voice here.

Why does that upset you?

Why do you prefer to silence people who disagree with you? What about Ama enlisting extra voters makes you think it's wrong? Wasn't that the whole Democrat election philosophy of 2008? Did you disagree with "getting people out to vote"?

You people are the worst political shills ever. You couldn't dig yourselves into holes any deeper or faster if you tried.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 12:59:33 PM PST
Lellie says:
PB, there is a difference between 'getting people out to vote' and telling people how to vote.

I would have no problem if AMA told his employees of the thread, let them read the posts and make their own decision, up or down. But that is not what happened.

One thought, would AMA's employees still have a job if they had said no to his request?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 1:23:10 PM PST
KaraJeanne says:
Lellie: The question is: DO YOU THINK THIS POST ADDS TO THE DISCUSSION? Yes or No
Not "Do you agree with this poster?" Most of the posts voted into hiding are because people disagree with the poster - when in fact the post is indeed part of the discussion. Ama has not done anything to hide anyones posts, only keep them visable. Any fair minded person can go back through the threads on this board and click on the hidden posts and they would see that a majority of those posts do indeed contribute to the discussion at hand and there was no reason for them to be hidden other than someone wanted an opinion differing from theirs to be hidden from view and that is wrong. The process is being abused, no ifs, ands or buts about it (and not by Ama).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 1:59:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 2:01:34 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Kara -

I don't know what part of this you don't understand. ama called his office not only to TELL people how to vote to get AS and his posts unhidden -- but also to bump his posts. He posted another Obama-trashing diatribe and there were immediately 10 out of 10 votes.

This is an Amazon rule -- not a liberal one. Amazon made the decision that after a certain number of "no" votes -- a post will be hidden.

And you think it's perfectly OK for ama to phone up his office and tell people who are in no way part of the discussion where to go and how to vote?

When the "liberals" vote down a thread -- we are on the thread doing it -- not phoning up our friends, families and co-workers.

I honestly don't see how you can defend this practice.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 2:05:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 2:07:27 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Pecos Bill: Ama is taking steps to ensure that everyone has a voice here.

Why does that upset you?

Why do you prefer to silence people who disagree with you? What about Ama enlisting extra voters makes you think it's wrong? Wasn't that the whole Democrat election philosophy of 2008? Did you disagree with "getting people out to vote"?

You people are the worst political shills ever. You couldn't dig yourselves into holes any deeper or faster if you tried.

*That is complete crap. Getting out the vote is entirely different than calling up people in your office and telling them to go to a certain thread and vote for YOU. And bump your posts. And make sure they are not hidden. That is unethical. Taking steps to insure everyone has a voice here should not include bringing in your employees who are not part of the discussion.

Republicans get out the vote, too. Or is only OK when a Scott Brown does it? Than it's the people speaking.

It figures you would see nothing wrong with what ama did. You probably think Scott O'Keefe had a perfect right to be in Senator Landrieu's office and that the left is "picking on him."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 2:06:09 PM PST
KaraJeanne says:
Sorry Lisa. I just don't see it as big a deal as you and others are making it out to be. This is not an election process, it is a message board. And again, I point out ..... the vote is whether a post adds to the discussion ..... and time and time and time again posts are voted against and hidden even though they are indeed part of the discussion...they are voted against because people disagree with the post or poster and that I do not believe that is what Amazon intended when they put that option in. Again, I really wish they would just do away with that feature....it is being ABUSED.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 2:11:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 2:20:46 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Kara -

My posts have been hidden. Posts that were hidden because the right always votes no on my posts -- not because of it's content.

So I should call up my friends and family and tell them to go and vote for me to bring the post back up? No way am I ever going to do that. My posts will stand and fall on their own. I think what ama did was unethical. And it is interesting to see that this is going along partisan lines. The conservatives see nothing wrong with bringing in outsiders to bump a post or un-hide it and the liberals do.

That is very interesting. I didn't see it that way when I first started arguing with ama. I saw it as ethical vs. unethical. But now it is turning into conservative vs. liberal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 2:20:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 2:30:21 PM PST
KaraJeanne says:
Lisa, if your post is part of the discussion then it should not be voted against. For instance, I just looked at my post. It already has a vote against it....and it definately IS part of this discussion. The process is being abused. I guess I can't understand why so many can't see that as fact. There is another thread on this board that has several posters gleefully exlaiming their thrill at getting certain posters posts hidden - that is abusing the process.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010, 2:23:28 PM PST
KaraJeanne says:
One more thing. It is said what Ama did is unethical. Then, I would think it should be viewed as unethical that posts that are part of the discussion are voted to hidden status. That too is unethical. Just the way I see it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 2:30:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 2:31:20 PM PST
Lisa E. says:
Kara -- That is boy whose posts are racist, childish and add absolutely nothing to the discussion. That is the only person we take pleasure in voting down.

I posted yesterday on ama's thread how Dick Cheney was arrested for drunk driving twice. And how that endangers lives. And two people voted "no" on that which I found interesting. Were they voting that is is OK to drive drunk or against me? I would think it was against me and I asked for whoever did that to come forward and tell me why they would vote "no" to that post. Nobody did.

But if that post against drunk driving had been hidden -- I still would not have phoned up people to make sure it stayed up.

I think that is unethical. And I think what ama did and will continue to do is is completely wrong.

I guess we will have to agree to just disagree on this.

P.S. Maybe the person who voted "no" against you was disagreeing with your defense of ama and therefore felt it did not add to the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010, 2:35:03 PM PST
KaraJeanne says:
It is not only Boy, but also Alaska Shrugs. Nico. Cara. Again, I don't agree with your posts, which are part of an active discussion, being voted against....that is not what that button is for.

And regarding your P.S. If I posted something about Homer Simpson on this thread and it had nothing to do with the subject at hand, then I could see it being voted against. But, it is on subject...I got voted against because someone disagrees with me - not because it does not add to the discussion.....do you understand my point?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Going Rogue: An American Life
Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin (Hardcover - November 17, 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,653)