AT&T F160 GSM Cell Phone
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
A great choice for basic calling functionality, the AT&T F160 mobile phone is also loaded with useful extras to enhance your daily on-the-go life. Use AT&T Navigator to get turn-by-turn driving directions and the latest traffic updates when you are out on the road. Stay in touch on the go with text messaging, picture messaging, Mobile Email, and IM.
The AT&T F160 features a slim design that
fits easily in a pocket or purse.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call. See more details on optional AT&T services below.
Take your favorite artists with you wherever you go with AT&T Radio and AT&T Music. Other features include a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (to 8 GB), music player, personal organizer tools, and up to 3 hours of talk time.
Mobile Email, text, and picture messaging helps you stay in touch on the go.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- 2.4-inch color LCD (240 x 320 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- 3-megapixel camera/camcorder with up to 5x digital zoom
- Music player with playlist creation capability and MP3 compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 8 GB.
- 150 MB internal memory
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, Mobile E-Mail, and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Mobile web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hearing Aid (HAC) rating M3/T3
The AT&T F160 weighs 3 ounces and measures 4.57 x 1.93 x 0.44 inches. Its 900 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 192 hours (8 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus international 3G networks (2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
AT&T F160 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide, user manual
| High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries--as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so. |
| AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal. |
Top Customer Reviews
- Reception is good. My sister and I are on the same mobile network, but I was able to receive and make calls where she cannot with her apple phone.
- This phone has a good size screen without being too large and too battery hungry. I don't text and don't make more than 10 short calls a day, so I usually need to charge my phone only once a week.
- The weight and size of the phone are just right; I can put the phone in my dress shirt pocket without the phone sticking out or making the pocket sag.
- The speakerphone function works well; the person on the other end of the call said she could not tell I was speaking to her on speakerphone.
- Dust collects between the screen and the clear plastic on top of the screen and I don't know how to clean it without breaking it. This is minor because the dust is only visible when you have the phone under direct sunlight or other strong direct light, which is seldom for me.
- No speed dialing.
* The F160 has no speed dial
* You cannot see the screen outside, it is too dim no matter how you try to adjust the settings or shade it.
* The in-call options are not available until you clear the current contents of the screen. So, for example, you cannot look at the address book or anything else while in a call because the in-call options are not available until you clear the screen of the numbers you just dialed.
* The key pad goes to sleep very quickly and the first number you key in doesn't register at all, so if you have to enter an account number or a menu choice the first key does not register and you have to press it twice - but this is not consistent so you don't know that the first key didn't register unless you look carefully each time. This has not been a problem with any other phone I have ever had. The first key you press wakes up the phone AND registers. I tried adjusting the settings but it still does this.
* Texting is a pain for several reasons but the most annoying are that the predictive text is impossible to use and you have to search your whole contact list; there is no option to send to a recent recipient.
* The manual is minimal, sketchy and written poorly.
* The phone has NO memory to speak of. You must buy a memory card to be able to use several of the options including transferring photos and files.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This phone give poor screen visibility is daylight/sunlight. Instructions for this made-in-China product are virtually non-existent and what is there is poorly written. Read morePublished on August 5, 2013 by M. JM Raffin
I have three of these phones. One stop charging after 4 months and then another one after 8 months. Read morePublished on January 6, 2012 by T. Chung
This phone is complete garbage. I have had it for two months and over time it has only gotten worse. It shuts down by itself even when battery has charge. Read morePublished on August 30, 2011 by Sandip