Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Has anyone who once was a Zarin fan changed their minds b/c of the newly revealed info about what Zarin did?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 92 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2010, 3:36:27 PM PDT
Aquamarine says:
I am wondering if anyone who supports J.Zarin has now changed their view or opinion of her in light of what she has done with her bad behavior? Surely the scales must be falling off of some ppls. eyes? Would they admit they were duped or asked, coerced to present good reviews for Jill? I wonder.

I also wonder if others who have liked Jill or maybe would have purchased her book, have now changed their minds in light of the new revelations?

Posted on Apr 23, 2010, 6:33:26 PM PDT
EmilyM. says:
The only reason anyone would have bought this book to begin with, is if they were a fan of hers from watching the show, or maybe a curious viewer. Too many episodes have now aired, showing her true character. At this point, does she have any fans left on the Planet Earth? Sales are low, and her Amazon ratings have tanked. It appears all those faux identities and cocktail party acquaintances who initially gave the rave reviews have disappeared. She has even driven her nostril-licking dog to a neurotic state of chronic diarrhea. And why does this all matter? It matters because she's trying to convince the lowly masses to buy her ADVICE book.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2010, 6:50:13 PM PDT
Austenesque says:
Yes, I agree - the outrageous part of this ENTIRE thing is that she is acting in such a vile manner while she is purporting to be a sage and someone in a position to give advice to OTHERS! Oh the irony! I admit, I used to think that Jill was one of the more "real" housewives. But now I am looking at her previous behavior in a whole new light. It's not pretty. Moreover, does she really think that the public is that stupid or that gullible to accept her lame excuses for her behavior? A fascinating part of this is watching just how clueless Jill Zarin is. She believed I think that her world was perfectly insular and that her evil deeds would never come back to haunt her. Why? Maybe because, well because she is Jill ZAAAARIN. But Jill, sometimes the mean girl gets caught and unfortunately for you, the world wants to see a mean girl pay for what she has done. I doubt that you are even going near this website, but if you did, you might learn quite a bit. p.s we don't want to be you and we are certainly NOT jealous of you. Quite the opposite.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2010, 7:40:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2010, 1:53:55 PM PDT
SWP says:
It is inconceivable that Jill Zarin would behave as she doing on this season's show when she knew "her book" would soon be published. The fact that she and her camp are writing good reviews about the book is so flipping hilarious. Fortunately, I skimmed this book at the store out of curiosity even though I had no plans to buy it. Verdict after 30+ minutes- it's a good book upon which to spill coffee.

Posted on Apr 23, 2010, 8:23:36 PM PDT
I liked Jill during the first two seasons. Now I realized what I liked about Jill was Bethenny. Now that their friendship has ruptured, it is apparent that Bethenny made Jill look good. Now, poor Jill has a deposed countess to pay court to, although Jill thinks Luann is paying court to her. Too funny. When Bethenny told Jill "to get a hobby", too bad Jill took up writing since she apparently has no flair for it. I must say, however, I do love Bobby still ... he is a voice of reason. Too bad he is saddled with Jill.

Posted on Apr 23, 2010, 8:53:15 PM PDT
I was one of the many who blogged about this, in fact my original post breaking this story was posted 4 hours prior to television without pity and Gawker. It has had over 3200 hits to date.
All of my blogs are about the Real Housewives of NY focusing mostly on Jill Zarin, in fact it is called "I Hate Jill Zarin" column. I have been writing about Jill well before this story broke and was always curious as to why anyone would buy this book particularly due to her behavior this season.
Take a look and feel free to read some of the others... BREAKING NEWS Jill Zarin, http://hubpages.com/t/1401fe

Posted on Apr 24, 2010, 3:55:41 AM PDT
Chandler says:
Cathie's blog is one if the mist complete out there on all Jill is doing and had done and I can attest that, though she didn't get the credit, she did break the story and get it out to the world.

I learned all about Zarin from this site.

She does her homework! I love it!

Posted on Apr 24, 2010, 2:53:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2010, 3:17:12 PM PDT
Allana Lee says:
The real reason Jill has been so nasty to Bethanny is because B got her own show, look it up, there is a long article about this very fact. She set out this season to try and make B look bad, playing that dumb message when the real reson for her anger is JEALOUSY. B got her own show, her books are on the NYT bestseller list. She is self made and enjoys life. Personally I find her trying to turn the fans of RHNY against B has backfired in a BIG WAY. Writing your own book review? Just says what new low she will go to at any means, even writing a bad review on B's book.
Just nasty, they need to kick her off TV, she is a fraud and a shame. I won't watch the RHNY anymore because these so called high society ladies have no class. I do think Alex has class though. I am sure Jill is reading these as I can only imagine that she sits home all day googling herself because after all, she is soooooooooooooooo important, lol.

Posted on Apr 24, 2010, 2:55:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2010, 3:18:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 29, 2010, 1:09:35 PM PDT
Eve Gregory says:
I actually did like Jill and the others a lot the first 2 seasons, that opinion has changed. You know, by Season 3 I knew we were going to get a pretty acurate view of each one's true colors. After all, at the Season 1 reunion, Jills words to Simon and Alex, "don't blame editing, this is who we are!" Funny thing, I really like Simon and Alex, I truly think they are authentic, but Jill, Luann and Kelly.....I think they are following the OC girls in my book. I quit watching Orange County when Tamra and Vicki got so nasty, a few seasons ago. The first group was fun, but after that, they were nasty. That is what is happening to NYC, but I do still like to watch Bethenny, Alex and Simon and their evolution on the show. I actually I really like Ramona and her family too. She has done an amazing job raising her daughter ...I don't feel Ramona has a mean bone in her body. She said it herself last year, 'check yourself before you wreck yourself'. She speaks before she thinks but I have heard her apologize many times, that goes far with me.

So I am split here, which is better than where Orange County sits with me. I quit watching two seasons ago, ironically, I live in Southern California. They are an embarrassment to us on the West Coast.

I have a question, I bet I am in the right place.......what happened to Brad, Jill's gay husband? Jill did not like sharing the camera with him, that was obvious. I have a feeling, if they parted ways, he would have some interesting info on Jill and her creepy Mom.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2010, 1:36:44 PM PDT
I liked Jill Zarin until this season when her true colors have come out. When everything was nice in her life she was quite likable. Now that she's probably more comfortable with the camera being around, she is just vile, mean and extremely snobby. She's difficult to watch. Did you notice on the show when LuAnne was telling Jill about Sonya? The first thing Jill says is "does she have a place in The Hamptons." I took that to mean "is she one of us, or just a commoner."

Posted on Apr 29, 2010, 1:38:22 PM PDT
A Customer says:
I think it was hubpages where under the "I hate Jill Zarin" blog that some insider said she fired Brad after they had a falling out when Zarin was cheating on Bobby. I read it in 3 places but I think I saw it there first.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2010, 1:47:53 PM PDT
Eve Gregory says:
Alexandra,
Hi, thank you for your response. See, I did come to the right place! I had a feeling Brad got the ax, but the elephant in the room is "Jill had an affair??" OMG!! I had no clue, you guys are great, I had a horrible tennis injury and blew my knee out, and am recouping from surgery. I guess I needed some stimulation, but this is the mother load!! Jill had an affair?? She better be very careful, Brad could write a book too, maybe her publisher would take on Brad to make up for the lack of revenue from her book sales!!! Then she will be left hocking her jewerly, Bobby I would hope would kick her butt to the curb!

Thank you Alexandra, and it is nice to meet all of you. On my way to the you recommended.

Posted on Apr 29, 2010, 4:31:59 PM PDT
Allana Lee says:
Eve Gregory,
I bet Jill's hubby is embarassed by her and that is reason enough to kick her to the curb. I heard that he was married and left his wife for Jill, idk how true that story is, I also heard of the affair, someone needs to out the leech.

Posted on Apr 29, 2010, 5:16:13 PM PDT
Allana Lee says:
Eve Gregory,
I wonder if her publisher can sue her for causing her book to sale so poorly by writing her own reviews. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010, 5:11:48 PM PDT
M. Morrison says:
Hi, Austenesque,
I was interested to see you use the "J" word - jealousy. The Amazon comments left by Ms. Zarin's alter ego (Suzie Shamwow or whatever it was) accused Amazon book reviewers of being jealous of Zarin. She has said this word on the TV show, too. I have to say, her book and behavior have given me food for thought. It has made me look around and be proud of the average American woman. I honestly think that most of us aren't looking around and defining ourselves by what other women have. I think most of us are more confident than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010, 5:32:55 PM PDT
M. Morrison says:
Hello, Eve Gregory,

You bring up a good point. There probably isn't any other other way by which Zarin ends her friendships, except with a scene and a promise to never forgive.

She probably never loses touch, or moves on, or just backs off.

Posted on Apr 30, 2010, 6:15:42 PM PDT
Rowan says:
For an on the nose and funny recap of last night's show go to New York Magazine's link below:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/04/real_housewives_recap_2.html?mid=agenda--20100430

Posted on May 1, 2010, 8:04:06 PM PDT
I read all of the above comments. Jill goofed big time when rejecting Bethany. I am sure she is having difficulties with other relationships. This season, all the ladies are disfuntional. I think her book sales have everything to do with her handling Bethany. I found it amazing that Andy took a survey over Alex's delivery of the message to Bethany. I don't think it was handles well, but a hugh percentage of people thought Alex did the right thing. Jill, clearly, has turned many against her because of how she handled bethany and other matters.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010, 9:11:28 PM PDT
Roslyn G says:
I did like Jill, and kept sticking up for her when the show started this year with my friends (they all disliked her). I bought the book and I have to say, it was torture just reading it. It is so strange because after reading the book and seeing her in last weeks show, I have come to dislike her as well. I truly had a hard time even listening to her voice. All of my friends are saying I told you so. On Sunday I watched reruns of the show, and I have to say she has become a very nasty, rude person. I am not sure what has happened. The past two seasons she was funny and a delight to watch. There is nothing funny or delightful about her this year.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010, 9:16:30 PM PDT
Roslyn G says:
I just heard that Jill's gay husband Brad was fired by her from Zarin Fabrics. I don't know if this is true or not. I also heard that he was writing a tell all book about how terrible she is. If that is true, I have to say I would definitely buy his book. It has to be better than the one that Jill wrote. I truly could not bring myself to finish her book, it was so terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010, 9:20:36 PM PDT
Roslyn G says:
I love this recap, it is so witty and I have to say it had me in laughing so hard. Thank you for sharing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010, 9:24:20 PM PDT
Roslyn G says:
I was glad to see someone put Jill in her place. I thought Alex did a great job. Jill has been so nasty to Alex in the past. I think that once Alex started she didn't want to stop. I also think it was a good idea to give Jill Bethennys message in front of everyone. Jill is a liar and if Alex hadn't said it in front of the group, who know what spin Jill would have put on it. I truly don't trust Jill anymore. Even if you don't have children Alex and Simons book is wonderful, it is funny and a enjoyable read.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2010, 12:00:08 AM PDT
Aquamarine says:
Re: the jealousy word and Jill: Jealous Jill---she has used the word on the show and she was simply talking abt herself. She would like to think ppl are jealous of her and she thinks she can make them jealous with the talk of 16,000 $ pocket books, and this and that. She flaunts, nothing discreet about this she devil. In my opinion anyone who spends 16 thousand on a bag is insane, certifiable and even if I had a billion bucks I wouldn't do it. I bet some children in Haiti could use it Jill, perhaps if you did some good with your money and personality and actually tried, even a tiny bit of humility, ppl would begin to see you as human. Now you just conjure visions of a banshee.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2010, 12:14:00 AM PDT
Aquamarine says:
Hi Roslyn, good point abt Alex giving Zill the Shill the business in front of everyone. I hadn't thought of it that way: that if she, Alex, had not, she'd lie, or divert and get some other drama going thereby dodging her evil deed(s)--so many of them now I couldn't count them. At first I thought Alex was being sort of rude by doing it in front of the other Fishwives, but you changed my mind, thanks. Alex is fed up with Zill the Shill and I could tell she was over the top delighted to be the messenger even if they 'killed' her for doing it. But Zill the Shill as we all can see, is shameless, doesn't have an empathic, kind bone in that size 8 body of hers. She really is sub human I have come to believe, as her behaviour has degenerated to such a degree. Well I never liked her ever, but the depths of her vile-ness revealed this year is pretty shocking. It's like fame has gone to her head--literally and really really messed with it--her head and twisted her. Goes to show you the saying 'better be careful what you wish for' is truly relevant and profound. She wants notoriety, money, status--well she has it now and it has come with a price. I just don't think she gets it, but one day she will look back at this train wreck that is her life and perhaps and wonder what happened to her, and was it really all worth it. You know you have to know you have a soul to know you've lost one.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

This discussion is about