Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Has anyone tried this with a computer that has only one USB port
asked by Doug Coates on December 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Yes I have, I have a Mac Book Air and it only has one USB. The problem with this DVD player is you need both of them to work. It is possible to plug in one to put the disk in, unplug it, plug in the other one, and make it work or you could try looking for one with only one USB
Bennett answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It needs 2 USB ports to work because 1 USB doesn't provide enough power to run the drive properly. It *might* run, but you will most likely get read/write errors and it will be very slow.
Robert Snow answered on December 28, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have multiple USB ports but I have used it with just the main one. The purpose of the extra one is speed as you would be transferring data or whatever using two pathways. It isn't necessary though and works just fine without it.
AB answered on December 28, 2012

A
I have one regular 2.0 USB & one 3.0 USB on my ultra book. I plugged the burner in to the 2.0. I just unplug the burner when I need to use the 2.0 for something else. I usually don't need both at the exact same time so it works. Don't usually use the 3.0 for flash drives because they are configured on 2.0 usb drives. The directions show using both but that is misleading. You only need one to use the burner. The other end is for optional power boost according to the directions.
Allura answered on December 28, 2012

A
will play dvd with one usb port. I can't remember if i used both ports when made my vacation dvd
lonnie haas answered on December 28, 2012

A
If you mean can you use this as reader and writer, yes. I often use it that way, though I presently have 2 drives connected. If you mean can you plug it in as needed to use it I see no reason why not. Any modern OS should recognize it each time.
L. Davis Palmer answered on December 29, 2012

A
This product only needs to be connected using one USB connector. Connect to the computer with the USB connector that is in a straight line with the connector cable. The other UBS connector is not needed.
James M Johnson answered on December 29, 2012

A
It works with one usb port.. It has 2 lines that go into 1 very happy with mine
jcolexxxxx answered on December 29, 2012

A
I've just received my Samsung and the cable only has 1 usb on it. ???
scruffyjock answered on March 30, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product