- by Proven WinnersFREE Shipping on eligible orders
- by Amazing PlantsFREE Shipping on eligible orders
Plant Buying Tips sponsored by Proven Winners
Hardiness Zones: Plants perform best when grown within their hardiness zones.
A plant has to tolerate the coldest and hottest temperatures in a zone to return year after year. The absolute highest zone in the country is 13 and the coldest is 1.
Please search your zip code on the United States Department of Agriculture hardiness zone search (http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/) to know your zone.
Shrubs and Perennials:
• return year after year.
• need the cold of winter for hibernation before they blossom in spring.
• may go underground in the winter depending on the plant variety, growing back up again when the temperatures rise.
• are meant to be seasonal, performing best from spring to fall.
• can keep growing all year in warmer zones.