Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by Bluegrassmom on July 30, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 25, 2015, 4:28:25 PM PST]

A
My sister gave a birth to a lovely baby a week ago. I purchased Sophie because of the name it has (My sister wants to name her daughter Sophie) and after having read negative feedback about this toy I became alert : what if this lovely Sophie really contains cancerogenic material mentioned in one of the reviews? How can I be sure I sent a safe gift to my niece?
massage therapy student answered on November 7, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, My grandson has his two bottom and one top. He really bites and tugs on it and it is just fine.
J. G. Eskin answered on June 13, 2011

A
my son still teeths on her and he has plenty of teeth and sophie is fine. I think it's fine but I will be posting a review for sofie on my baby blog. you can find it on my profile but the review won't be posted for a few days.
kathryn answered on June 5, 2011

A
The paint has rubbed off noticeably, but my baby has never punctured it with her 6 teeth. However, she prefers wood rings and Link-a-Doos to teethe on.
Earthnut answered on January 14, 2011

A
I have not purchased Sophie yet but after reading these comments I am going to. I took my 3 month old to the doctor today and they told me she was teething already... this is my first baby I didn't think teething started for another couple of months. Anyway Sophie sounds perfect for right now... Thanks for commenting it really helps make a decison.
Diana answered on October 12, 2010
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We bought Sophie when our son was 4 months old. He is now 8 months and Sophie has become his favorite toy. Unfortunately, we recently found a small chunk missing from her foot (hoof). He has 2 teeth that have come in so far so it must be possible for teeth to puncture this toy. We are very sad that we've had to take away his favorite toy but since it has now become a choking hazard, we have no choice.
W. Landry answered on September 29, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
SH answered on September 17, 2010
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As others have stated, it's perfectly fine to chew on, and made with food dyes.

However have you looked through the reviews for this product? It seems to be a rather recurring problem that infants get a leg lodged in their throat and have to be rescued from suffocation.

I was looking into this product as a gift, but after seeing so many people say they could have lost their child due to it I wouldn't risk it.
Heiro answered on September 14, 2010
Comment | 2 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My son loves Sophie! He is 11 months old with 4 teeth and no damage done to the giraffe...highly recommend!!
krtuma answered on September 11, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product