Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
asked by Amazon Customer on September 7, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Actually, there is a battery pack for sale right here on Amazon, from Gomadic Corp. Search for ASIN: B000SSQC8I
G. Adkins answered on September 18, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. You're right. There's a built-in lithium ion battery to power the unit, and the nuvi 370 comes with an AC charger (for plugging into the wall in the home to recharge the built-in battery) and an automotive charger (to power the nuvi and recharge the built-in battery while driving). The reviewer was saying he personally rigged a AA battery pack so he could use his nuvi while riding a bicycle longer in a day than the 4-8 hour nuvi battery life would last.
Hal Lancer answered on September 12, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Adkins, thanks for the information. Gomadic's battery pack seems to be perfect form me. It is small, light and costs only $19.95. I'm going to order it.
Amazon Customer answered on December 9, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you very much for the explanation, Ayars. I had no idea it was possible to do something like this.
Amazon Customer answered on December 9, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product