Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2013 9:32:51 PM PST
A. Mosley says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:26:02 PM PST
CDR says:
I believe they confirmed that the battery would be non-removable so it will probably be similar.
Shouldn't be much of an issue. I've never had to replace a battery in my PS3 controllers and I've had mine since about 4 months after launch.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:38:24 AM PST
K. Rodriguez says:
I physically wore and replaced the PS3 controllers before I ever had a reason to replace a single battery. Can't imagine it would be any different here.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:27:48 PM PST
M. Tomlinson says:
I've still got controllers from launch that work fine. I've had 6 controllers now (2 sixaxis and 4 DS3s) and never needed to replace one of the batteries.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 3:02:11 PM PST
A. Mosley says:
now i know i wont have to worry, thanks for your input guys :)

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 7:41:10 PM PST
Don Moriarty says:
Best playstation ever, with an awesome controller, streaming play, and seemingly better (way better) bluetooth capabilities. Plus a screen, still not completely sure of its capabilities until release day. I just know this will do way better than what happened with 360vPS3, because it will be released first, and with awesome exclusives, but as long as it is within range of not going over $400 I would be buying it release day or soon after.

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 3:27:25 PM PST
I never had an issue either.I actually still got the first one out,u knw the one without rumble in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013 9:55:23 AM PDT
Buggle says:
This. If your analog sticks last longer than your battery then that's pretty impressive. I've always taken good care of my games and consoles and the PS3 battery always outlasted the analog sticks. If you don't have your controllers set to auto off (if you walk away from your game for 30 mins, the controller will turn off after 5 mins of no use) you should turn that on. Save battery life so you don't need a new battery before you need a whole new controller.

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 5:23:50 PM PDT
idommah says:
PS3 controllers batteries are great. i never heard that a controller battery stopped working. and doesn't need that much charging

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 10:23:41 AM PDT
Zerabp says:
Can confirm the battery life for the PS3s as well, 4 Six axis all still holding a full charge with no noticeable degradation. Same with the 4 Dual Shock 3s that replaced them (my kids use the six axis for their console).

Posted on Jun 30, 2013 1:16:30 PM PDT
Tenpiece says:
I"ve had to open up a few ps3 controllers before but never to replace a battery. Usually its something loose that makes the buttons not work right.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2013 7:26:42 PM PDT
S. Evert says:
No one wants to buy 38927428937429837 AA batteries every year to use a controller. And yes thats an accurate number. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 11:01:33 PM PDT
Sup3rN3rd says:
I prefer the PS3 controller, over the 360 controller. I like the fact that the PS3 controller has the six axis/motion sensor on it, also it supports blutooth, and I dont have to buy batteries. Most of the time I can go almost a week without charging my controller. Usually for the controller to fully charge it can take about 1 hour. I also have 2 controllers from launch and 2 controllers that I bout 2 years after the ps3 was release. I never has any issue with the battery. Very smart move on Sony. Also the controller uses standard usb, so it is very easy to use pretty much any cord to charge it with.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 12:51:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 14, 2013 11:15:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 12:52:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 14, 2013 11:16:37 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 22, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about