Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

bell jar availability on Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 1, 2010, 7:07:06 PM PDT
bonnie says:
I am a new Kindle user, actually it is in transit and arriving on Tuesday. I was looking at the Kindle books and found the bell jar but it said it was not available in kindle edition in the United States....Why is this?

Posted on Oct 10, 2010, 12:27:02 PM PDT
T. Gray says:
I would like to know as well. What the hell?

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 1:10:34 PM PST
Emsdaisy says:
Her Ex-Husband, Ted Hughes, inherited the rights to her works, including The Bell Jar. He is notoriously difficult in his refusal to allow even excerpts of her work to appear in other works. I doubt he will negotiate any agreement that would include a kindle version. He acts as though she is an embarrassment. My guess is, he is jealous that she was the more successful of the two of them as a poet. Plath also made it perfectly clear that she thought him a cad for being unfaithful. He gets a bad rap, my sense is that he deserves it.

Posted on Aug 25, 2014, 8:04:59 AM PDT
Mark E says:
Really sad this isn't available on Kindle. I'm just very unlikely to read it if I can't get it on Kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 1, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
The Bell Jar
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (Hardcover - April 1971)
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,397)