Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

the best Lord of the Rings game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2012 5:41:03 PM PDT
Smily Frodo says:
To those thinking this is just another movie tie-in game, please don't be mistaken. After watching gameplay from 2012's E3 this will be clearly the best Lego game yet, and potentially the best Lord of the Rings game yet as well.

For the first time in a game you will be able to fight balrog as Gandalf, as both fall into the darkness of the Mines of Moria just as in the movie! All three movies will be in the game, as well as some of the books' content not seen in movies.

The game's journey will visit all the locations seen in the movie (Shire, Bree, Mines of Moria, path of Caradhras, Rohan, Amon Hen, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, and of course Mordor, and even the Grey Havens!). And all movie characters will be unlock-able as well (rumors say that Tom Bombadill might be one as well).

Additionally Howard Shore's movie soundtrack will be in the game along actor's voice tracks taken straight from the movie and perfectly placed on the game.

This is THE Lord of the Rings game I have been waiting for, actually even better cause it's in Lego form lol, so all my family can enjoy. It will be one game to rule them all :D .

Peace out to all, happy gaming, and do yourselves a favor and keep this game in your wish list :D

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:19:54 AM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
What about local co-op? Thanks for the info btw.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:26:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 11:27:11 AM PDT
Smily Frodo says:
It will only have local co-op. TT games said on an E3 interview that they won't be adding online co-op.
Kinda lame, but I always preferred playing with friends on the room.

(you're welcome :D )

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 9:23:31 PM PDT
J. Thompson says:
I love the Lego games. Always fun to play and go back and collect everything :D

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:39:43 AM PST
Britt K says:
The more I see of this game, the more excited I get... is that weird?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:40:17 AM PST
GameGurl says:
You're not the only one. I can't wait till Tuesday!!

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:30:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 9:30:28 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:30:41 PM PST
Lauri Maki says:
The co-op is pretty great. I play with my 5 year old nephew and it's actually really cool because at lots of points they have both players on different parts of the adventure (Nephew was Frodo in the company of Sam and Gollum while I was Aragorn/Legolas/etc) He was having trouble doing some things, so we tried switching characters for him to someone in my party and alas, it dropped the other aspect of the game and let us do the same part together...very nice option.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
LEGO Lord of the Rings - Playstation 3
LEGO Lord of the Rings - Playstation 3 by Warner Home Video - Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (334)