beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus Headphones with Accessory Kit and Remote Microphone Cable, Black
|Model Name||Custom One|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over Ear|
About this item
- Frequency response - 10 - 24, 000 Hz and impedance - 16 ohms.
- Custom sound slider to change the sound anytime (closed, semi open, Open design)
- Customizable style: Easily change color of the headband, ear pads, ear cups plates design, Detachable cable.
- Now INCLUDES new cable with microphone and remote. Suitable for smartphone, iPad, tablets, home audio or Pro Audio devices.
- Variable noise reduction.
- Adjustable sound slider for deeper bass.
- High quality.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Custom One Pro Plus
The Custom series is unique concept in headphone design. It gives you the ability to modify the headphones to your personal style and adapt it according to different situations and modes of use. With these features, the Custom Series creates a new generation of headphones for a new generation of users.
Custom Sound Slider
With the Custom Sound Slider, the sound profile of the headphone can be customised to your personal preference. There are four settings, from flat and transparent to extremely 'bass-heavy'. The Custom One Pro Plus has a very clean, rich bass reproduction, that can be easily adjusted at any time.
With Custom Style the appearance of the headphones can be changed at any time. 16 changeable cover designs are included to get you started. Other coloured rings and design covers are available as optional accessories.
Custom Headset and Accessories
With the optional Custom Headset, the custom headphones can be converted into a professional headset in seconds - the perfect all-in-one solution for phone calls, gaming and recording of podcasts and videos. The optional spiral cable ensures maximum flexibility for any application with a length of up to 3 meters.
Made in Germany
The custom headphones are exclusively manufactured by hand from high-quality materials in Germany with the finest craftmanship. A flexible metal headband and extremely stable metal forks ensure durability for long-lasting listening pleasure.
Custom one Pro Plus is the successor of the popular custom one Pro from Beyer dynamic. The custom one Pro Plus now includes a new detachable cable with microphone and remote feature Ideal for smartphone communication and conversation. The microphone and remote control out with all Apple and most current Android devices. One the unique features of the custom one Pro Plus is the ability to customize your headset to your individual liking with various ear cup covers, rings, ear pads, and head cushions. The custom one Pro Plus now includes an accessory package that includes 16 new pairs of various ear cup cover designs. As you would expect from Beyer dynamic, custom one Pro Plus is made in Germany with a two year .
2 Years manufacturer warranty from Australia distributor.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fit: These have big cups that surround your ears. Pleather pads surround your ears and rest on your head and are very soft. It is quite sealed so you might encounter some warm ears during long sessions. I have a larger head (wear 7 7/8 hats) and the clamping force is about perfect. Its a little firm but I like that, it's firm enough that it keeps the sound out and allows me to listen in privacy.
Sound: Treble is defined but not harsh. Mids are light but noticeable. Lows are clean. The adjustable bass range takes it from super bassy to almost non-existent. Bass almost seems constricted at the lower settings though so opening them up and letting the bass bump away is the way to go. The different settings don't change the treble much if at all. These headphones work just fine without an amp but feeding them some extra power takes performance to the next level by adding extra punch to the high end and a bit more bass. Mids are a weakness of this headphone but I don't mind that. I bought it for the high and lows. Soundstage is good on these too! If you don't know what I mean by soundstage it will be an experience you will enjoy. It adds some depth to the area where it feels the music is coming from. Almost like surround sound but without that concert hall effect.
Build: Very good build. The frame is all metal with good flex in all directions. Earpads are replaceable by prying them off and the pleather headband cover is also removable. Adjusting the height works better when the headphones are off. The plugs are definitely larger than those that are on ear buds but compared to other headphones they are average. If you have a huge case on your phone, you might have some issues since the plug on the main cable is threaded for the larger 1/4" jack adapter. Personally, I have had no issues.
Accessories: This setup comes with 2 removable cables one of them has a mic\controls on it both are good quality and are about what you would expect from this price range. The cable without the mic/control has the adapter to fit your professional equipment. The replaceable faceplates are fun! It comes with the two factory style Beyerdynamic plates you see in the pictures that are metal and then 8 pairs of different cardboard plates that are double-sided with similar prints on each side. The plates are held in with a plastic ring that is secured with 4 allen-style screws that can be removed with the included tool or correct size allen wrench.
Value: Great value! You get a lot for the money and with the adjustable bass it is like having a couple headphones in one. Even though the covers are pleather it is good quality and I don't see it cracking or falling apart anytime soon. Even if it does there are plenty of color options available and even velour for the ear pads.
I took a cue from "MKBHD" on youtube and bought these headphones because he put them as one of his top 5 headphones for 2015....and he was right. The sounds are super crisp, the bass can be adjusted using the flip ports at the bottom of each speaker and again,....these headphones feel like i have two small baby seals as headphones. The feel is silky smooth and I could wear these headphones for hours...years....decades. Hahaha...ok, maybe not that far but you get the point!
Overall very good sounding headphones that wear awesome! I'm still breaking them in so i'll give a fuller (is that a word?) review later on. Thank you for reading!
What I love about the Custom One Pro is that it has great tonal body, a nuetral and clear midrange, and a crisp/clear treble response that maintains great presence yet is never harsh. This serves as a fantastic tonal foundation that can then be tweaked to suit literally ANY bass preference with the port adjustment settings. And the bass response is not gimmicky in any way, rather each setting (and the many other settings you can easily set in between the main four click-in positions) sounds like very solid and natural frequency response.
That all said, the only issue I found is that the Custom One Pro's midrange response can be slightly too recessed on some tracks. Yet, this is the kind of thing that can be easily remedied with a custom EQ, since the Custom One Pro provides such an outstanding and solid tonal base (from bass to treble) as a whole. So, keep that in mind.
Top reviews from other countries
+ Etwas größere Bühne
0 geringerer Anpressdruck (Geschmackssache)
- Angestrengtere höhen
Custom One Pro
+ deutlich druckvollere Tiefen, ohne schwammig zu werden
+ optisch ansprechender
- wer zu schwitzeohren neigt, schwitzt hierunter.
- etwas weniger Detailreich in den oberen Mitten und höhen
I wore these headphones for around 5+ hours listening to an audiobook for a couple of days and other than my ears getting slightly war due to very long period of use it was very comfortable. The leather and cushions on the headband provide ample amount of softness and the metal band is very durable. I embraces your head rather than vice grip of other headphones.There us a heft to the headphones, they are well built and seems like will last a very long time if cared for.
One major negative is that it does not fold for easy travel. Will need a large case to protect the headphones. As I only intend to use these with my home pc it does not bother me as much. The overwhelmingly good qaulities of the headphones out way my small nitpicks.
Sound Quality: 8/10 (more points for bass boosting feature)
Overall: Highly recommend
These are truly Amazing Headphones, However, i found that the included pleather earpads made the highs a bit dull for lack of a better word and the bass just hung around muddying the sound, to fix this i've swapped the earpads for the velour ones found on the DT 770, the fit is perfect and the improvement to sound is truly amazing, i had little beliefe that just the pads alone would make such a difference, but they really do! A must buy if purchasing these headphones! As an added side affect these pads allow some ambient noise IN that helps when on discord or in a zoom call so you can hear yourself speak and not be worried about either shouting or talking too quietly, similar to a semi-closed headset.
You can find them here -> https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0016MMYKA
The sound clarity is now amazing, with a really crispy highs and smooth bass.
As for build quality, they feel like a premium pair of headphones, though the method used for head articulation where they connect to the headband feels a bit cheap as they wobble a conciderable amount, though, its not even noticable when their on your head. The cable is slightly shorter than i'm used too, though feels very high quality and is substantial in diameter compared to other headsets.
The sliders are a welcome addition to an already amazing pair of headphones. A feature that not many others have, sliding them to the top will basically eliminate the bass entirely and to the bottom will make your ears vibrate, there's 4 steps so there will be one suited for your preference.
While my main use for these is general music listening while working during the day wearing them for 8+ hours, they also perform great in games like CS:GO providing a very rich enviroment allowing you to hear exactly where the target is.
I primarily use these with a Fiio E10k while at my desk, and a Fiio BTR1k while out, both are exeptional amps for these low ohm drivers.
Overall i'd definatly reccomend buying these headphones if you'd like a pair that sound exeptional and have a great name behind them but for a very reasonable price.
Selten so gelacht...
"Made in Germany verspricht Langlebigkeit und höchste Qualität"
Beyerdynamic kommt bei mir nicht wieder in die engere Wahl.
Februar 2016: Kopfhörer gekauft
- Anfangs sehr zufrieden, Kopfhörer als preiswertes Zweitgerät zum Hören im Bett gekauft
- Kunstleder Ohrpolster waren sehr angenehm zu tragen (weich, anschmiegsam und nicht ZU warm)
- Sound war (und ist) für den Preis durchaus gut, kann allerdings mit teureren Kopfhörern nicht mithalten
- Bass anpassbar (wobei ich meist auf der niedrigsten Stufe gehört habe)
- bis dahin durchaus 5 Sterne
Juli 2016: erste Reklamation (die Polster waren seitlich aufgeplatzt, wie es in einer anderen Bewertung abgebildet ist)
- bis dahin, ein Stern Abzug (verbleiben 4)
- die Polster begannen sich aufzulösen und im Bett und am Hals/Kopf waren kleine schwarze Lederstückchen
- ungefähr ein halbes bis dreiviertel Jahr lang habe ich mir den Zerfall der Kunstlederohrpolster des Austauschgerätes angesehen, bis ich eingeknickt bin und Ersatzpolster bestellt habe (zusammen mit einem Austauschkabel)
- immerhin ist der Verfall der alten Ohrpolster erst nach über einem Jahr sichtbar geworden
- Ersatzohrpolster (bewusst Velour statt Kunstleder) zum Preis von 24,90€
- dafür erstmal noch ein Stern Abzug (verbleiben 3)
- außerdem hatte das Headset-Kabel einen Ermüdungsbruch am Plastikgehäuse und vermutlich auch im Innenleben
- das Plastikgehäuse hatte ich zu der Zeit mittels 3 kleiner schwarzer Kabelbinder stabilisiert und anschließend mit Heißkleber äußerlich ummantelt; hat prima funktioniert, sah aber sehr bescheiden aus, hat mich im Bett aber nicht gestört
- was mich hingegen gestört hat (und warum ich noch ein Ersatzkabel ohne Headset/Mediensteuerung gekauft habe) war das Knacken der Lautstärkeregelung, das immer schlimmer wurde; Preis 14,90€
- und noch ein Stern Abzug (verbleiben 2)
- Das abgebildete Kopfband hat nun den Verfallsstatus der alten Ohrpolster erreicht und krümelt ständig alles voll
- Preis für den Ersatz (den es leider hier nicht wie die Polster auch als Velour gibt) 14,90€
- apropos Ohrpolster ... die als Ersatz gekauften Velour-Ohrpolster sind wesentlich weniger voluminös als die ursprünglichen aus Kunstleder. Was jedoch schwerer wiegt ist die Tatsache, dass diese Ohrpolster sehr schnell "platt" waren und nicht selbstständig wieder "aufgehen". Der Komfort ist wirklich deutlich niedriger, und meiner Meinung nach auch keine 25€ wert.
- für diese beiden Punkte wieder 1 Stern Abzug: verbleibt 1 (ein) Stern