Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > True Compass: A Memoir forum

This book should be sold in the Fiction section.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2009, 10:59:20 PM PDT
Based on the leaked excerpts on the Chappaquiddick incident, it is clear that this book belongs in the Fiction section.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009, 3:48:47 AM PDT
Why dont you have a little respect and keep these kind of comments to yourself

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009, 5:58:04 PM PDT
D. Beaver says:
Gosh, who are you, Keith...God Almighty himself?

Posted on Sep 8, 2009, 8:06:05 PM PDT
timellis74 says:
LOL, awesome subject line.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2009, 8:13:29 PM PDT
M.Gilmer says:
M. Gilmer. Let he who is without fault cast the first stone,PrettyGood advice for us all,I think! Senator Kennedy did a lot more good for people in his life than he did bad.He felt remorse for his shortcomings and his life was filled with more tragety than most,This country needs more people like him and his brothers,It's because of people like the late Senator Kennedy That people like you and I can speak are opinions on a open forum.matgilmer@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2009, 8:14:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 15, 2009, 11:30:55 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 14, 2009, 10:01:21 AM PDT
Has Been says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009, 12:00:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2009, 12:01:44 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009, 12:13:30 PM PDT
Oh, please! What planet have you been living on? GWB was a consummate liar. Ever heard of "weapons of mass destruction are in Iraq"? GWB was a liar through and through--it's how he got us involved in Iraq.

Posted on Sep 14, 2009, 5:20:00 PM PDT
Maureen P. says:
I'm with you Nancy---still fighting a war that was started because of a lie. Yes, Kennedy was responsible for one life, Georgie has many, many young lives on his head.

Posted on Sep 15, 2009, 3:06:08 AM PDT
B. Nenov says:
God save me from good, devoted Christians. There's nothing worse than a fool with a cause. And GWB didn't even have a cause, he was just a puppet. People, look around.. You are bombarded with pointless entertainment aiming to numb your thinking, your food is filled-rotten with chemicals that aim to make you docile.. Everyone should travel around the world until he/she opens her eyes. A friend of mine was one of those devoted Christians. She went to Palestine after college for several months. What she told me the other day was "I'm not that Christian anymore, those people here talk only about conversion, they have no sympathy". Ted Kennedy had a life filled with pain and sorrow. He knew what it meant to be in pain, so he could truely relate to the people who are hurting. That's one of the greatest thing in life - Sympathy, you don't need any religious book to teach you that.

Looking forward to read his memoirs!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2009, 4:56:11 AM PDT
G. Hines says:
You are kidding, right? Surely you are just being a smart-***.....it's the only explanation for your ridiculous statement.

Posted on Sep 15, 2009, 9:40:32 AM PDT
I wonder what your memoir would look like, Mr. Schoose. Would you write yourself in the most constructive way or would you write to destroy yourself. Mr. Kennedy knew and admitted how awful were his actions which resulted in the death of his passenger. He also knew redemption and hard work to help his country. If this were a memoir of a Republican, Mr. Schoose, I wonder if you would call it fiction. And, I do wonder what your memoir would look like.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2009, 11:27:48 AM PDT
M.Gilmer says:
Bravo! Ms.Swanson,for speaking out.I am not a big religous person,but I have been through many things in my life although they seem small to me next to
Senator Kenned's trials,But I have learned that in human nature it is easier to judge than it is to have empathy and not judge,easy to lower people when they have done more than you but have been human along the way,and that it is harder to be quiet than it is to ridicule.Let him rest in peace Thanks Ms.Hanson,MatG.matgilmer@Gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2009, 6:42:07 AM PDT
Keith, Get A Life!! What about the millions of people he helped??
By The Way, How Many Have You Helped??

Posted on Sep 26, 2009, 7:10:38 AM PDT
Jose Lopez says:
Why don't you leftist thugs have respect for Mary Jo who died?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009, 7:11:38 PM PDT
Ms_Scout says:
M. Gilmer, if that had been your daughter, mother, sister that Ted walked away from and didn't report a human being submerged in the car for 9-10 hours, would you still say he did more good than bad? I don't believe the remorse line. If he had a conscience to begin with, he would have immediately run for help whether the girl was his wife or not. She was a human being. That was enough. Get caught with another girl, or let her die and delay the news? People would have thought more of him if he had tried to save her. Yeah sure, Ted cares about the common person.

And I am sick of hearing Ted Kennedy's life has had more tragedy than most. How do you know?! There are many people in this country who have suffered tremendous loss and tragedy. They just don't get all the press coverage this man and his family got. That is the only difference in the suffering.

Posted on Nov 19, 2010, 5:52:36 PM PST
How come most Dems can admit LBJ was a terrible president, but Republicans are still living in a dream world about GWB? He was a TERRIBLE, SELF SERVING president. Deal with it. Learn to seperate the person from the Party. Nobody said this about his father....2 of the greatest presidents of all time are FDR and Lincoln. One Repub and one Dem. Stop making cliches out of yourselves and think on your own.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010, 5:56:20 PM PST
Ms Scout, you ask others how they know he had tragedy, yettalk about the sad event of her drowning like you were there. Were you? Did you try to help? Oh, wait, you weren't there, you're assuming he tried to hide it while going for help. Unless you were there, you really don;t know what happened. (and I'm not a dem or a republican, I'm an independent, in other words, I have a mind of my own and don;t blindly follow one party). It's just funny to me that you'd ask "how do you know". Um, from the news I guess? Same place you got your info?....

Posted on Nov 19, 2010, 5:59:39 PM PST
By the way, you don't think the Kennedy family suffered? 2 assassinations and a plane crash? How many assassinations have you had in your family? How many young members of your family died in plane crashes?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011, 5:36:40 PM PDT
Zero members of my family have died in plane crashes. I think that is because no one in my family suffers from delusional hubris. The plane crash was the direct result of an incompetent at the controls. I shudder to imagine what it was like in that plane with his wife screaming in his ear all the way down.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011, 5:39:50 PM PDT
What about the millions upon millions who will soon suffer as a result of the bankruptcy of this country that Edward Kennedy helped engineer?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011, 5:42:30 PM PDT
My memoir would reflect that I never killed anyone and that I never had the need to use family connections to avoid enduring the appropriate consequences for my actions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
True Compass: A Memoir
True Compass: A Memoir by Edward M. Kennedy (Paperback - February 1, 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars (400)