Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc  Reckless Kelly Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Halloween Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting shameless7 shameless7 shameless7  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition ErrollGarner Shop Now STEM
I just bought one and noticed a rattle when I pick it up. Seems to come from inside. Is this normal? Could it be the OIS? Seems to works great.
asked by anehpets on April 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
The rattle is perfectly normal when the camcorder is turned off. It has a tiny gyro in the stabilization mechanism that sort of flops around when not powered up. (most camcorders with a good stabilization system make the same noise) The rattle goes away when the camcorder is powered up. If the rattle is still there when the camcorder is turned on you have a problem.
Old Nerd answered on June 5, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, the rattle is normal, that is the stabilization you hear. Nothing to worry about.
Siobhan Carr answered on April 21, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would like to add to the 'it's normal' comments. It's normal.
Dan Richters answered on September 10, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine rattles. Power it up and the rattle goes away. I to believe that this is normal
Arthur J. Belangeriii answered on September 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not had this happen to me. If you are unsure or un easy about the rattle, either return it for another one or contact Canon to find a repair center.
Darren Gator answered on April 21, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No rattle here. I would return it before it gets worse. And a refund will be harder to get the longer you wait!
M. Lavender answered on April 21, 2013

A
Mine doesn't rattle.
Joninva1 answered on April 21, 2013

A
Hi - I do not think this is "normal" - mine didn't rattle - that sounds to me like the camera has something broken inside. I would return and get a replacement. It may work great now....but what about the future? However, I am no expert. Best of luck
Kara answered on April 21, 2013

A
Hello, my camcorder doesn't make any rattling sound. I, too, would exchange it.
William A Kallay answered on April 21, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product