Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
breadmaking Does anyone know if this will do whole-wheat bread well? I have tried two other mixers and they bog down. The bowl on this just doesn't seem very big either.... please help. Thanks!
asked by K. Nelson on May 24, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I have made bagels, with six cups of bread flour in an Artisan mixer at least 100 times over the last two years. It still works like new.
Robert M. Patrick answered on June 3, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Coffee Luvr answered on December 24, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just killed my old KA tilt head. I made whole wheat bread VERY regularly. 7 Cups of flour at a time. If it worked in my oldie moldie, it'll work in your new Artisan. I'm ordering one tonight!
D Peterson
Dora K. Peterson answered on August 15, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thanks for your comments!
K. Nelson answered on August 16, 2011

A
will the Artesian 4 l/2 quart knead 7 cups of flour with ease? I make a lot of rolls and brad, and this is my utmost concern. I have been told that the pro500 does a great job, but it is too tall for my counter cabinets.
Patty L. Martin answered on September 18, 2011

A
How are things going with the Artisan? Does it work as well as the oldie moldie?
Thank you.
Donald T. Hazelrig answered on December 8, 2011

A
@dora K did you buy a kitchenaid? how is working out for u?
R.C answered on December 31, 2011

A
We just found a super deal on the Pro and bought it. So far I love it, and it's so quiet. But I'm still wondering how to get husbands to make bagels and bread. Geesh....
K. Nelson answered on January 1, 2012

A
I have tried it with unexpectedly great results, once for yeast bread and one for baking powder bread. It did a great kneading job on the yeast dough. I added small amounts of flour as it did the second knead, a little each time the dough crept up the dough hook, and it quickly made a lovely elastic ball. I did use a softer wholewheat with King Arthur flour. I have tried making these recipes without the mixer and had failure, so i was elated. The mixer also grinds cranberries for fresh relish and makes a great chocolate souffle.
University Lit teacher answered on January 11, 2012

A
Well, lots of men I know like to make bread, and you may notice that many posters here are male. If he also likes homemade bread, perhaps you could stop making it until he helps or alternates with you. It's a lot less time-consuming with a mixer. I had the same problem in the sixties until my husband suddenly became interested in chefery. After that, it was hard for me to get access to the kitchen!
University Lit teacher answered on January 11, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product