Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on August 15, 2012
I am so sorry that I didn't discover these sooner. I've tried traditional prefolds + thirsties covers, thirsties all in ones, grovia, kushies, you name it... but never tried the flip because some employee at a baby store told me they were terrible diapers. Well, I disagree. Upfront, I will say prefolds and a cover are by far the easiest system to sustain. I could never get the stink out of my synthetic diapers, and it took forever to dry them. Prefolds sun-bleach well, dry well, clean well, and last forever. Unfortunately though, my son is at a weird spot size-wise where a medium thirsties cover is too small, but a large is just way too massive. It just didn't work, so I gave these flip prefolds and flip covers a try... and OH MAN they are great.

The organic prefolds are trimmer than a standard prefold, soft as silk, and so convenient to fold. It can fold well to resemble a yellow prefold, or longways to resemble a red edge prefold in size. I love that it's even throughout because when the middle is thicker on a prefold it can really only fold one way. I just can't get over how incredibly soft this diaper is.

The flip cover that matches it, is the perfect size for an older (probably bad size for a newborn) baby to large toddler. My son is 30 lbs with tons of room to grown. I am so glad I found this, because when baby #2 happens, they can use the same diapering system as my son due to the flexibility of sizing in this system.
on November 14, 2012
I started out with prefolds, fitteds, pockets, all-in-ones, flats, and the Flip system, including the stay-dry and organic inserts. After about 6 weeks of use, I narrowed down my stash to these inserts and some pockets for night time. After using the pockets awhile, I mainly just use these, even at night. They are amazingly absorbent, and 1 insert plus 2 premium Joey Bunz gets me through 11+ hours with no leaks.

Before I started cloth diapering about 4 months ago, I did a ton of research on it. I had determined that natural fibers were better if you were looking to avoid stink issues, and these are wonderfully soft and much nicer than the average prefold. I didn't have any issues with stink until my son started daycare at 2.5 months, and his poop had to sit in them all day in the wet bag. At that point I started to have trouble with the diapers smelling like poop, even when clean. I was careful to do a prewash, a hot wash with Allen's powder, and an extra rinse with a 1/2 cup of vinegar. Still had poop stink when he peed. So I bought some BioKleen Bac-Out and started soaking the diapers for 24 hours in BioKleen before the wash. That helped a little. But I have to do it every wash cycle. Luckily, I have a top-loader that allows me to do this. Not only that, but his night diapers smelled horrendous. Seriously, gag me. I wanted to puke in the morning when I changed his diaper. At first I thought it was the hemp doublers, but no, it was the ammonia smell. It started to build up in the diapers as well.

I resorted to trying all kinds of chlorine-free disposables. Seventh Generation are by far the best. But cloth saves money, and I didn't want to give up. So I tried bleach. For the record, bleaching these does not make them white. I was afraid it would ruin these, and they are a nice, natural color. 1/4 cup of bleach in a hot wash, with two extra rinses, did the trick. No more poop smell. I sniffed each one to be sure. Cotton Babies, the maker of Flip, recommends using bleach once per month to sanitize the diapers.

I love these inserts despite the trouble I'm having with them. I know I'm doing something wrong. They are very nice diapers and I never have to worry about them leaking when I pair them with a Flip cover. Yes, they are bulky, but they are bulletproof. I have never heard of a trim and super absorbent cloth diaper. No static like polyester, and no need for "stay dry". My son never has an issue with being wet, even overnight.

Try them. If they get stinky, bleach them.
on December 6, 2011
I love the Flip organic cotton inserts even better than my standard prefolds. The fabric is so soft and smooth and I like how you can fold it in two different ways to get the length you want. With standard prefolds you have to buy sizes or fold them down to get the length you want, which creates a lot of bulk.

The Flip organics also wash and dry very easily and don't hold onto stains. And they are really durable; I've been using mine for over a year and they are still excellent shape!

When trifolded, the Flip insert is about the same thickness-wise as a standard prefold. If you are looking for a trimmer prefold that's incredibly absorbent, I would highly recommend the Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefold.
on January 18, 2010
Why I bought it:
I actually bought the bumGenius Flip Day Pack with organic cotton insert on accident instead of the pack with the Stay-Dry Inserts.

The material is excellent quality, they are thick and soft and they rinse off easily. They also make really nice burp rags when not being used as a diaper. They can be trifolded two different ways so that the length can be change to fit your diaper shell. As a night time diaper they are excellent as they are very absorbant.

When folded up they make a pretty bulky diaper, especially for an active toddler.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.