Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on June 2, 2017
We used this at first as an overnight diaper, but as my daughter grew it became a daytime diaper. I wish it came with better inserts, the ones included are flimsy microfiber. I do like that one of them can snap down for smaller babies and grow with the diaper, but the other one is small and thin. I also wish it had hip snaps to keep the sides from coming out of the top as she moves around. Size wise though it fits for a long time. My daughter is about 23lbs at the moment, almost 20 months old, and it still fits great with room to grow. It was a little too big for a newborn, though, since it doesn't have the option to cross the tabs over. We had to wait until she was about 3 months old before she would fit in it. If your stash is going to be all BG, you'll probably need some newborn diapers in there too. I only ever bought the one, we had better luck with the China cheapies and Glow Bugs. This is a good diaper, but I wouldn't pay anywhere close to retail for another one since the China cheapies work just as well if not better) and for less than 1/3 of the price.
on January 16, 2017
Cloth diapers are the modern equivalent of electricity for diapers. I think every family should try cloth diapering and it’s a lot easier than I thought it would be. At first I was reluctant to wash poopy diapers, I thought, is that even safe? I did some research and decided to give it a go. I bought a large supply so that I don’t have to constantly wash diapers, which is nice. We have a couple of munchkin diaper pail’s that we throw the cloth diapers into. We don’t actually use the trash bags, we just throw the cloth diapers in there and then dump the pail right into the laundry machine. One load we use with a lot of all-natural detergent (because of skin sensitivities) and then the next load we keep the same diapers in and do a pure rinse. Bam!, after two washes they are magically clean. Then we throw them in the dryer and that’s all she wrote.
Dealing with the smell of poopy diapers is never fun and the smell needs to be dealt with whether you’re using cloth diapers or disposable diapers. The way we’ve worked around the smell is by wearing ICanBreathe Honeycomb Pollution Masks with Coconut Classic Filter.
on May 14, 2012
Oh, cloth diapers. I have tried them ALL. Every brand, style, and fiber. All have their good and bad features, so there really is no one PERFECT diaper. It all comes down to what works for you and your kiddo. Personally having a variety of different diapers has worked best for us - it saves money and keeps things interesting! Often at home I use organic cotton prefolds in a wool or PUL cover, and I love that system - prefolds are cheap, last forever, and wash and dry very very easily.

But when I'm out and about, or someone less familiar with cloth is doing the changing, I like to use "convenience" diapers. I have a wide range of them in my stash. Since natural fibers (particularly cotton) are my favorite, I have quite a few of the BumGenius Elemental and the GroVia AIO. I love both of those diapers, but they stain very easily and take A MILLION YEARS TO DRY, even in hot summer sun. They're also very expensive.

Pocket diapers, like this one, are a little annoying to stuff. BUT. The covers are air-dried, just over a chair for a few hours or something, and the inserts dry very quickly in the sun or dryer. The ability to take the two pieces apart is what makes the cleaning and drying so simple. Also, although I do prefer natural fibers, I have to admit I like how dry-feeling the microfiber stays, and how it repels stains. It also always feels soft, even when sun-dried (whereas cotton turns super crunchy in the sun).

But the reason THIS microfiber pocket diaper is superior to the others available:

1. It doesn't leak, even when you accidentally leave it on for 7 hours (er, uh, I've never done that, NOPE). I've successfully used it as an overnight diaper by stuffing it with the microfiber insert AND a hemp insert, or even skipping the microfiber and just putting two prefolds in the pocket. Yes, that's quite bulky - but it doesn't leak.

2. It's fairly trim under clothes

3. The fabric doesn't pill, unlike fleece

4. If you really want to, you can use stronger soaps/cleaning agents (like bleach) without ruining the diaper

5. The warranty is a year (unlike some which are 6 months)

6. The color range is FANTASTIC and pretty unisex

7. The price is good. I've paid up to $25 for similar diapers which haven't held up as well or pleased me as much.

8. They're easy to resell when you're done with them - I sold a few for about 75% of what I originally paid!

I'd love to see some more prints, and I hope they continue to add new colors. Otherwise, there's nothing to improve here!
on April 8, 2015
I am new to cloth diapering and my first CD was bumgenius. I tried to go cheap with a 6 pack of diapers for about thirty five bucks, but then came right back to this brand! So far, these are my go to diapers and I won't try to save a few bucks on cloth diapers again. Absolutely love these, I only wish they had more designs to choose from. I also wish the designs they do have weren't limited editions.. Will definitely buy more until I have enough to cloth full time with my 10 month old and the quality seems good enough that I am hoping to use the same ones with following children.
on July 7, 2016
My favorite cloth diaper brand!! As a cloth diapering mom of 2! I have tried out several brands and diaper styles. Bumgenius is by far my absolute favorite. These diapers give a great fit on my 2 year old 42 lbs son as well as my 7 month old 16 lbs daughter. The elastics need regular replacements which is fairly easy to do yourself even if you do not own a sewing machine or know how to sew. I do not love the microfiber inserts that come with these diapers however it's no big deal to replace those with hemp or other natural fiber inserts. This is a personal preference of mine. All in all the fit, designs and amazing product quality is what makes this diaper the best one for me.
on July 25, 2016
As a mom who did not want to fool around too much with cloth diapers I was hesitant to try these because they need to be stuffed. I thought the Freetime Bumgenius would be more appropriate to my lifestyle. However, I began using these at nighttime because my disposables and my Freetime's would leak pretty much every day overnight. My baby would also regularly have diaper rash no matter how fast I was during the day or what diaper cream I used. I hesitantly tried these and stuffed them with both inserts. Although bulky, I discover that they rarely if ever leak! My baby stays dry. He seldom has diaper rash now, and when he does get it, it is usually not from changing him fast enough during the day.

Pulling out inserts, was a big reason I hesitated buying these. My secret is, is that I don't pull out the inserts. Usually they fall out in the wash (I do have a nice washing machine). If they don't fall out they often get clean anyway. And if they don't get completely clean I just throw them in with the next load. I never have to touch inserts when they are completely dirty.

Disposables can be nice for on the go, but our landfills are full of them. These diapers really cut down on waste and have saved my baby's behind. Thanks for a great product.
on June 2, 2015
I'm very happy with this 2 in 1 diaper. It fits my son well and I've been using it for 4 months now. It has not stained at all. The snaps work great and the adjusting is good as baby has grown. This is a one size diaper. I am hoping it will continue to fit my son who is 5 months now but in 9-12 month clothing as he grows. It seems like it will adjust fine for him. Most importantly this diaper doesn't leak. I have actually been using it as an over night diaper with both inserts after some issues with leaking at night with only having one insert it. Costly but I think it is worth the cost. The fabric inside is not as soft as Charlie Banana brand but it also doesn't look as worn in. WE haven't had any diaper rash using this either.
on March 15, 2017
Just use once for my daughter . It hold up to 12 hrs during the night and no leak found in the morning . I'm pretty happy with the result.

The microfiber insert is a little bit thinner than kangacare's.

I choose the white one because it's sexual neutral and great to match with clothes in any color.

Will recommend to my friends!
BumGenius makes fabulous diapers! Love these and so much more than the all-in-ones which sound easier but don't provide as much leak protection in my opinion. Got a couple of all-in-ones free on a bulk purchase and am glad I didn't pay for them! The pockets are much more customizable and seem to get cleaner than the all-in-ones can. Never tried anything but BumGenius because I was happy with them from the start. They also have a great warranty and customer service.
on September 28, 2015
BG's are our household go-to diaper!!!! They work well they hold up and the colors are seriously pretty.

However, there are two things I dislike about BG's.
1.) The elastics relax a little too easily. (3 months and they are laxed..)
2.) The colors bleed the first few washes!