Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: butchers 75QGF4 Foamaster Cleaning Gun
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on May 14, 2013
This product is really good.

Pros:
-Has good foam control
-Doesn't eat up all the foam on highest setting quickly
-Sturdily built
-Easy to detach the holder

Cons:
-The foamer nozzle moves at times when I don't want it to

Overall, a very good product. Extraordinarily good foam control. I use it a lot for my car
on December 6, 2013
At any price point, all these foam guns are IDENTICAL. This one happened to be the cheapest and worked fine. Solid construction, and has a handy quick release mechanism to separate the foaming attachment from the hose nozzle so you can disconnect it with one click if you need to use a hose while washing.

For REALLY thick foam (like shaving cream foam) you will need a foam cannon designed to work with a pressure washer (which this unit is not). However, it works fine.

The importance of using a foam gun to wash your car is that the thick foam dwells on the surface of your paint, lifting dirt and contaminants off. less dirt = less chance of swirling your paint (leaving tiny scratches that over time will dull the finish of your paint). Before, I used to wash with the two bucket system. Even after hosing the car off with a pressure washer, my mitts came up dirty from washing.

Now, my new washing workflow is: 1) pressure wash to remove as much dirt as possible. 2) foam the car using this foam gun and Chemical Guys car shampoo, letting it sit for a few minutes. 3) pressure wash the soap off. 4) foam the car again 5) wash with microfiber mitts and 2 bucket system. I notice that my mitts are pristine when washing my car, a good sign that the foam as removed much of the dirt before I've even touched the car - ultimately removing swirls.
on November 22, 2013
It works but uses a lot more soap than a comparable pressure washer style gun. I used the most foaming car wash product I could find (Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II) and it only worked 1/2 way decent on the highest setting (5) which ended up using about 12 ounces of soap for a small 135i BMW. The issue was removing all the excess soap that didn't foam up until after being sprayed with a standard hose. Ended up with spots all over due to leftover soap being on the paint.

So did it work- kinda... but made the job a whole lot more difficult to complete than just using a bucket and sponge. It will not look like the pictures seen in the soap ads- those are done with a pressure washer style gun.

That will be my next investment.
on August 29, 2013
I used the Butchers a few times and all I can say is what a great foam gun for the price. Its not made of plastic. I'm liking how this was heavy duty. One thing..be sure to read directions because you can go through soap quick. There is multiple settings for this gun which helps a lot. I use expensive car wash shampoo and I need to adjust so I do not go through it that fast. Once you get your adjustment stick with it. Made my car look like it just went through a Fire Dept foam gun cannon!
on September 10, 2013
I priced other foam cannons, and through some research I found this model to be the same as some other detail supply vendors house brands. This one assembled quickly, soaps up well, and is easily adjustable for however much soap you want to use. I have washed 3 cars and I have only used about a third of the container.
on October 30, 2013
For its intended use, it is a great performer. Suds great but does not provide that snow covered foam that only a real pressure washer foam lance produces. I use it to foam my back yard patio tile floor where it performs flawlessly.
on December 22, 2013
I use this with Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II liquid soap since it doesn't remove wax, and the gun handled it just fine. It's easy to set the water to soap ratio and the quick-detach feature is a HUGE plus and is necessary when you're working on your vehicle in sections.
on June 6, 2013
I have a honda accord and anything scratches the clearcoat. This thing is a lot of fun and makes cleaning A LOT easier. Highly recommend it. You just spray foam, instead of running over the car with a fibercloth mitt or something. Rise, hose it down in float, use MF on spots that need a little extra cleaning, then rinse, and dry. Even drying scratches my car using the proper MF towels. So it is a gentle process.
on October 12, 2013
If you can't afford a pressure washer foam cannon, this is an acceptable alternative. You may want to get a "quick connect" hose system. I found the quick connects at Home Depot worked great.
on August 3, 2013
This is the first foam gun I ever bought and I was very pleased with my purchase. It has a variety of settings to increase soap flow and suds. My only recommendation is to have a better spray nozzle pattern on the end that provides a more accurate spray and an easier-to-measure hopper that would make adding soap not such a "guessing game". Overall, very pleased for the money I spent and a very important step in washing my vehicles.

See 1 answered question