Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Does this camera take good low light pics?...I have bad lighting in my house and need something that takes good pics in low light.
asked by A. R. Ferrell on December 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
The SX260 takes excellent low light/no flash pictures. It has a special setting on the function wheel on the back for just this. It actually takes 4 quick pictures with one push of the shutter and then overlays/combines them to come up with an excellent picture. Just remember to hold the camera very still until the 4 "clicks" stop...about 1-2 seconds. For me, it is one of the best features.
Rick answered on December 11, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I have been very impressed with the low light pictures. The only complaint I have is you can't force the flash on in auto if you want some fill in light. However, you can force the flash on in other modes.
Stephen G answered on December 11, 2012

A
Yes-- besides the outstanding 20x zoom, the advanced processor 'pulls in' light even in near darkness, and the stabilization program helps to hold the image steady even at slower exposures. I just returned from a trip to Scotland - many very low light areas in castles and cathedrals and was able to get them all.
David Nungesser answered on December 11, 2012

A
This camera takes good pictures in low light. for a point and shoot it is wonderful. If your Light is really low, I recommend a more expensive camera. The Canon Rebel series is a better camera, the draw backs more expensive, larger, heaver, more equiptment to carry, bigger camera bag and far more complicated. payoff, top of the line pics.
The sx260 HD is light, easy to use, stores in you pocket and is ready right away. Its low light respones is good and it has a 20x optical zoom. Quite an amazing camera.
Chessplay answered on December 11, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Check out this photo I took this year in Paris, using low light mode. I think is impressive and IS controls help out a lot! https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-jCrhEGtCCKQ/UBdPMbQMzgI/AAAAAAABv6Q/SDUfc6ClpBo/s800/IMG_1850.JPG
Ricardo Oliveira answered on December 11, 2012

A
I found that it took better pictures in bright light or outside. Low indoor light provided the most challenges, when trying to get a good shot. I found the closer I was to the subject, the better the picture. There are modes you can use on the camera to compensate and enable you to get a good indoor photo. Good luck.
NCshoegirl answered on December 11, 2012

A
This camera takes good low-light pics without a flash and with a tripod. Flash pics are about what you'd expect at this price point. Experiment with a little diffusion and pics will come out ok. Overall, I would not recommend this camera. The LCD failed on mine rather quickly, the menu is not intuitive, and the pic quality is standard. I prefer the Lumix, which comes with a Leica lens.
Cadre answered on December 11, 2012

A
I took some sample pics in the house at night with just lights on. They looked OK without the flash. I find with indoor pics I usually don't like the flash because it seems to wash out the photo.
Lesley answered on December 11, 2012

A
Oldretiree answered on December 12, 2012

A
MShlopsky answered on December 17, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product