Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
IF the camera stands on the table, it's too far away to get a clear picture of my baby. Can it be installed on the crib?
asked by Zheng Zhang on October 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Ours does sit on top of the crib, we did this with our first child too and never had a problem. I would be cautious once the baby got older if it showed any interest in the camera, again our first child had the camera on her bed until she was past two years of age and she never bothered with it.
Southern Belle answered on October 11, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The camera has a plastic braket that can be installed on any flat surface using screws. This bracket has a 45 degree angle. I hope this answers ur question.
Cesar answered on October 11, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I suppose you could use cable ties to hold it on, but I suspect this would not be recommended because the power cord would be within reach of the baby. The instructions say to keep the cord at least 3 feet (I think) from the crib. So you probably do not want to mount it to the crib. If I recall correctly it has some instructions and hardware for mounting to the wall. You don't actually need to get it so close to the baby; mine is about 6 feet away from the baby and although I cannot always detect if eyes are open or not, I can see and hear everything else I need to.
theskeptic answered on October 11, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It depends you will b able to see the baby but it almost needs to be higher up to actually see into the crib i use a pack n play ad i can see thru the meshing. But i have mine mounted on the wall... As far as putting it on the crib... I wouldn't bc it'd be WAY too close and also the fcc. Recommends putting the monitor at least 3 ft away from the baby and also Ud have to worry ab the baby getting into the cords or it falling onto him/her
Kacey answered on October 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would say the only way it could be installed on the crib is if you screw it into the crib which would damage the crib and not necessarily be safe for the baby. We installed ours on the wall usisng the screws provided. The camera has a mounting area. You just need to make sure you put the mounting screws in the wall at the exact length apart as they need to be to work with the camera mount. We have ours above the crib and the camera facing down into the crib and can see our baby just fine.
baby girl answered on October 11, 2012

A
Tony Bartlow answered on October 11, 2012

A
I'm using it on a table and it gives a fair idea is the baby is sleeping or not. Also if the baby makes noise, you can hear it. However if you want a vary clear picture of baby, you have to screw it on the crib.
Vivek answered on October 11, 2012

A
Of course it can, if you nail into your crib... I don't want to damage my crib so choose to drive two nails into the wall close and a little above the crib. (In case you didn't notice there are two nail holders (two small holes) on the back of the monitor and two nails already included in the pack--of course you don't have to use the nails they provided (I didn't).
Z. Tang answered on October 12, 2012

A
It is not recommended since your baby can reach it. Also it is too close, it can not cover all the area of the crib.
I mount it on the wall, on the direct top of the crib, and the distance is just enough to cover all the area of the crib. I am not able to see very clear images, but it is OK, at least I can see what he is doing now.
Bin Yu answered on October 11, 2012

A
Only if you can get it 3' above baby's reach. Some cribs have tall head boards. Make sure it is out of baby's reach once he/she starts to stand, reach, and crawl.
Kindle Customer answered on October 11, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product