Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
asked by J. Forster on January 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 answers
A
The answer is yes. and for free. I put all my movies on a computer and stream them to the Roku. Go to http://www.plexapp.com/ and download the free app. It works as a dlna server and you can stream any video from your computer. Hope this helps.
part135 answered on May 14, 2012
Comment | 12 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are some free and paid ways to get content from your pc to your tv. I use mp3tunes (which is technically in the cloud). You can also use Chaneru which has a 30 day free trial then I believe 10 bucks. Works great for me and easy to set up. There is also roksbox. Go to the roku forums to learn more. But yes, it is possible to stream from your pcs stored files.
M. Eppes answered on January 26, 2011
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yeah if you get a channel called playon there website is playon.tv they have a youtube channel and a lot of other ones also on there so you can access youtube from the roku I use playon all the time for hulu+ youtube some times
Derek Lowe answered on August 7, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yeah, but you can't play AVI video files natively!!!! The ROKU will only play formats native to it
Alan J. Thill answered on May 14, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
T2000KW answered on March 5, 2013

A
Free and open source Plex does exactly that, see PlexApp.com.
Robert T answered on July 4, 2013

A
Yes , I have roku xd and I can stream from the PC using plex . Just install the server and then add plex channel in your
roku . I took me a bit of testing to do so but now both server and roku is updated should it should be easer
AL answered on August 15, 2013

A
There is also a Roku channel, PlayOn, that permits streaming from your harddrive.
EmperorWatcher answered on March 30, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I sincerely thank all of you who respond to help in solving my `You tube' problem. Special thanks to R. Diamond, for showing me how to download the `1080p channel.' I tried that successfully and now that channel is in my Roku. Thanks again, everybody.
An Opera Goer answered on October 4, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Plex, it free and it works
Antoinette answered on January 13, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product