Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2012 6:35:20 PM PDT
nc says:
Hey guys- so before I buy this book- can it be doable for us vegans? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 11:44:07 AM PDT
If you go to the website he has a video about the diet for vegans and vegetarians

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 8:46:11 PM PDT
You can, but it will severely limit what you eat because essentially you can only have fruits, nuts, and vegetables.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:54:17 PM PST
I don,t eat eggs or fish. Can I do this diet if I don' eat these foods

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 5:07:36 PM PST
Re: vegan diet, I couldn't find the video but his q&a says vegans can use 'vegan meat substitutes' for protein and a probiotic for the yogurt. (The diet includes other probiotics than yogurt, among which are tempeh, sauerkraut, and kimchi, so if you like any of those you can use them.)
The diet is basically an expanding set of food lists and directions on how to use them, for example you start off with unlimited (but 'reasonable') allowed proteins and vegetables from lists, 2 low-sugar fruits off a list, 2 probiotic foods, condiments off a list, and 1-2 tablespoons of 'friendly fat' (olive oil or flaxseed oil). After the first 17 days more choices are added to the proteins, starchy vegetables, legumes, and certain grains are added, similar expansion for 3rd and 4th / maintenance stage.
If you are confident of putting together your own recipes/menus substituting 'vegan protein' in the protein slot you could use the diet to manage overeating of fruit, starchy vegetables, etc. and it would probably work. As a non-vegetarian I've been scrambling to work through fish, chicken, turkey & egg recipes for cycle 1 and it is both a challenge and a big enough set of choices to work with. Patricia, if you eat milk products (including yogurt, light cottage cheese, etc.) I would expect you could do this diet if you added in some vegan protein for variety.
Bottom line, if you're used to cooking a variety of meals that aren't from the freezer (or eating a bunch of someone elses home cooking) you'll have to do some homework getting a variety of appropriate recipes somewhere else in the long run. However, this diet can do a good job teaching you a sliding scale of what is more or less fattening not only for meats but for fruits, vegetables, grains, and processed foods.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about