Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
canon eos xsi I am a beginning photographer and am contemplating buying the Canon EOS XSi camera body. I want to purchase a lens that is somewhat all purpose for starters. Any suggestions?
asked by Traveler99 on June 19, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
S. Jenai answered on November 10, 2010
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also have the XSi (and LOVE it)... It's my first DSLR and I have learned so much with it. I ordered it with the kit lens (18-55mm) and also bought the 55-250mm. Both are great, inexpensive beginner lenses, but I have found that I am now out-growing them. The 55-250mm isn't as sharp as I would like (when the image is viewed at 100%) and, as Saleh AlMutawaa mentioned, the EF-S lenses are not compatible with the full-frame DSLRs. So, if you think you might upgrade, you might want to keep that in mind. The Rebel XSi, 18-55 and 55-250 are a great starter package.
S. O'Connell answered on December 20, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S. Jenai answered on March 30, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just keep in mind that the Canon XSi does not have video at all. And the LCD screen does not support live view. Other than that I think the XSi is a good DSLR Camera to start with a DSLR experience. But it is not as great as T2i.
Amazon Customer answered on November 2, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A "simple" Question:
How do I go FULLl manual with my EOS XSi? I want to set the ISO, the shutter speed and the aperature.?
I might even want to "Spot Meter" as well.
Owen Gailar answered on March 29, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 3, 2010, 10:17:16 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product