Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
Can baby be placed in this carrier both inward facing and outward facing? From the photos it looks like only inward facing.
asked by Traveler on November 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Almost positive the instructions tell you inward facing only when worn on the front. When my kids were ready to see things I started carrying them on my back & they loved to look around from that vantage point.
Melissa Ransom answered on November 7, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As far as I know - you "could" do the outward facing - like in the bjorn's but I have never done it myself nor does the site hold a position on it. I have been told it's not the best position for baby's hip
C. Wagner answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's only for inward facing. If you want outward facing, hip, and back carries, I suggest a woven wrap style carrier. They have a learning curve to using them, but are very versatile and comfortable carriers.
SurferMom answered on November 6, 2012

A
I would not advise outward, because there no support in the neck area for the baby, plus all the support is coming from your body.
Tonygoss answered on November 6, 2012

A
I've only used it with my baby facing inwards. It's one of the most useful baby items I own
D answered on November 6, 2012

A
I have only used it inward facing. When she gets a little bigger she might fit outward.
bussymama answered on November 6, 2012

A
It is inward facing only, but when the baby is old enough it can go on back (back pack style). It is a great product. I have used it for two babies, and my 18 month old is still riding in the backpack. I love it!!!!
Leslie answered on November 6, 2012

A
I agree, I havent placed baby outward facing on the mei tai and I dont think it would work either.... I usually carry baby on my back.....
Mommy answered on November 6, 2012

A
No only inward facing. I tried outward and it covers baby's face completely so not safe :(
Lily D answered on November 6, 2012

A
I was only able to use it inward facing, but when the baby is older they can also go on your back and face forward from that position.
Amazon Customer answered on November 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product