- Hardcover: 212 pages
- Publisher: C. Scribner's sons; First Edition edition (1934)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 119965714X
- ISBN-13: 978-1199657145
- ASIN: B0006AMMIM
- Product Dimensions: 7.7 x 5.4 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,409,362 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The challenge to liberty, Hardcover – 1934
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
certainly not a religious writer and clearly was not trying to write in those terms. But the question of whether America sold its birthright of liberty for the relief it hoped to gain from the Depression is too
obvious to be missed. Indeed, Benjamin Franklin's statement that those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither would seem to come up, too. Do those who would sacrifice liberty for economic
security deserve either? That seems a real enough question to give this piece of the historical record significant contemporary value.