Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
[UPDATED] asked by Sakahara on January 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 answers
A
J. Papa answered on April 9, 2011
Comment | 18 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was going to buy one, but now will not. I don't care whether it's $2 or $20 per month, it's the principle and the hassle of a monthly fee. I'll continue to wait for Apple to present a more palatable alternative.
John D. Price answered on February 15, 2010
Comments (3) | 15 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am wondering too. I want to buy this TiVo DVR but the monthly service plan is putting me off!
Honesty,PA USA answered on January 16, 2010
Comment | 17 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
actually, the monthly fee doesn't make much sense when they state on their website that their device is to replace the cable companies device... I pay $18 for a cable box and HD DVR from my provider yet Tivo wants to charge me $19 plus I have to buy the box?
David J. Leach Jr. answered on December 23, 2010
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not only is there a monthly fee, you have to have at least a year contract! My old tivo would let me manually record shows after I stopped paying for a guide. Not so with the new ones. Really the most insulting business model I've ever seen. I'm really thinking about getting an over the air converter box and recording to my vcr .
JStevens answered on February 8, 2010
Comment | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yeah~
only if your tivo live longer than you pay for monthly!! I paid for lifetime and it dies in less than 2 years.. and now they can't transfer my subscription to another new box.. or just exchange.... the most bs is they said they don't do repair! LOL~ Sucks.. I am so regret on using this stupid box... hate it!!!
Silicon answered on December 1, 2010
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Michael Beuzieron answered on June 2, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Surely someone will fix the box! All the tivos that I own have a easily replaceable power supply and hard drive. Those are the most likely things to go bad. The 'lifetime' is no the main computer board, and I have yet to have one of those go bad. And I have over 20 Tivos!
D. Hermes answered on January 24, 2011
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Because Tivo is Greedy...I would feel more comfortable with the value at 9.95/ month they don't even offer a yearly rate...I am thinking of dropping them all together myself. My pay isn't going up but everything else is.
norton712 answered on January 31, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do you still have to pay extra for Netflix and hulu with TiVo or does the monthly fee cover everything you can get on it?
Margaret Anderson answered on December 31, 2011
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product