Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on June 13, 2014
I am an electronics junkie. When I saw the SDR adaptor (which was originally intended to be a Digital Terestrial TV USB adaptor for the EU) had been adapted to be used as a HF/VHF/UHF Software Defined Radio receiver, I bought it immediately. I modified the antenna cable that came with it, but buying a factory made cable is usually better. This one was very well made, fits perfectly, and seems to be rather robust. It's a great little product at a very reasonable cost.
on August 31, 2015
The people who are reporting fit problems on the MCX male side aren't crazy. The product photo shows a series of tiny vertical relief cuts around the outer conductor of the MCX male connector that provides a kind of springiness that allows the male connector to flex slightly and then grab onto the internal components of the MCX female connector. Well, my pigtail was manufactured without those relief cuts. No amount of pressure will allow the male connector to be inserted in my NooElec RTL-SDR dongle, because there is no flex whatsoever. Needless to say, I am disappointed. Every photo of a MCX male plug that I've found online shows those relief cuts, so I assume they're part of the spec and this was just a massive screw-up by quality control. Maybe other people's MCX female ports have more flex to make up for it, but the plastic case of my RTL-SDR dongle won't even allow the rim of the male connector to pass. So now I'm stuck between drilling out the plastic case of the dongle and hoping for the best, or using some kind of tool to slice two vertical slits in the connector on the MCX male port.
on January 2, 2017
MCX to BNC is great. Picked up a couple scanner antennas and a couple RTL-SDR dongles. I was in such a hurry to get started, I mounted it to the box it came in. It's great fun listening to the local ham repeater with SDR#, and local police using Unitrunker.
Keedox® RTL-SDR, FM+DAB, DVB-T USB Stick Set with RTL2832U & R820T. Great SDR for SDR#, HDSDR
review image
on March 19, 2017
As promised and quick delivery.
on September 12, 2016
Bought four BNC to MCX connectors. Received three plus one SMC male to SMC female.
on April 17, 2017
Works as expected.
on August 18, 2016
I bought this to use on my USB spectrum analyzer so I could connect different types of antennas to it. I used this one today to check the signal strength of various local television stations that I'm not quite able to pick up and it worked wonderfully, :-)
on January 22, 2015
This is the only way you can connect your RTL-SDR to an antenna decent enough to hear anything. I was glad I ordered both flavors with the receiver. I tried the small antenna that comes with it, and picked up only a few FM broadcast stations. With this adapter I was able to connect to one of my outdoor antennas and had instant success hearing more than 100 frequencies per band.
on August 18, 2014
does what it's s'posed to. I'm using it to connect a USB tuner (MCX) to a ladder/jpole antenna (BNC).

looks like a lot of the other reviewers are also using it on RTL/SDR dongles. (I also recommend noo-elec that a lot of the other reviewers are using, it costs more, but has the newer 820 tuner, and has some extra circuitry for protection vs. the who-knows-what ones from ebay)

no complaints.
on January 4, 2015
I bought this cable assembly to connect my roll-up VHF-UHF J-Pole antenna to my Nooelect SDR dongle. SDR stands for Software Defined Radio. It's nicely made and does the job I need, though the MCX end fits rather tightly into the jack on the dongle. Maybe over time it'll get easier to unplug, so long as I don't damage the dongle trying to unplug it.