Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Dragon Age 2 - Playstation 3 forum

No code in Amazon PS3 DLC email?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2011, 5:24:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2011, 5:27:49 PM PST
E.C. says:
I got the PS3 DLC email for the Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield. There's no code in it, just instructions on making an EA account. Is that how it's supposed to be? Just make an EA account, then the sword and shield appear in your game? No codes involved? I'm still playing Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, so I haven't had the chance to check the DA2 DLC yet.

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 5:44:02 PM PST
A customer says:
Yes, I got an email too for dragggon age2/ps3 (that I didn't even order!!!). The instructions are weird to say the least. No code like usual... Yep and instructions on how to make an account and blah blah blah. EA SUCKS! I quit...

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 5:47:17 PM PST
Isaac S. says:
it already comes on the disk

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 5:52:27 PM PST
A customer says:
and so does (at least some-if not most, because there are 20+ DLCs for DA2 listed) the DLCs just "unlock"... It's so you pay for the game $60, DLC at $1.99-$29.99+ or so over and over (yes there is 20+ DLC for DA:2), so add it up as you go. Again, EA sucks... Leeches!

Posted on Mar 8, 2011, 8:33:45 PM PST
Aeneid says:
I got the same email with no code too. To unlock the preorder DLC you just have to register the game on Bioware's site.

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 7:45:59 PM PST
K. Rodriguez says:
Yup, we've been had. No actual pre-order bonus. Lame!

Posted on Mar 9, 2011, 8:52:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2011, 8:57:19 PM PST
E.C. says:
So the DLC was gonna be there all along? Was there even a point to pre-ordering for the DLC? All you have to do is register, so they don't even know whether or not you preordered.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011, 10:23:45 AM PST
austin_Larry says:
I actually got the 'signature edition'. There was a code for the Black Emporium and the Exiled Prince, and the soundtrack. Those worked fine. There wasn't a code to register the game, I already had a bioware account though. In any case I went to my 'entitlement page' did everything, but no sword or shield.

One interesting thing though is that it allowed me to use my character from origins and the full set of blood armor is available. I am not sure why they could not have just sent a code. Usually I can figure these things out. BTW did people get a code to register their game or does that just happen when you long in when playing it?

Posted on Mar 10, 2011, 3:35:02 PM PST
austin_Larry says:
Ok had to wait for a chat person on the Bioware site to show up. The registration code is the UPC code on the back including the 2 little numbers front and back. I put that in and the items showed including boots of the frozen wastes. Would have been nice for the Amazon email to include that little fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2011, 4:27:41 PM PST
SnowLover says:
Thank You! I was seriously getting a little upset over this whole thing. I suppose amazon is the one at fault here.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011, 2:22:04 PM PDT
Eliza Lane says:
Larry -

Thanks for the tip. That email from Amazon was weird, they didn't say anything about a registration code!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Dragon Age 2 - Playstation 3
Dragon Age 2 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars (299)