Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
asked by Gina B on January 10, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I have a Freiling and it does not leave a metal taste. I've had mine for at least 2 years now, wash it in the dishwasher and it is in perfect condition. No rusting and no cracks like other french presses. I highly recommend Freiling french presses.
Lawrence answered on May 31, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
ZEROING IN answered on March 25, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The frieling 5-6 cup press that I have does not leave a metal taste.I do have an insulated travel cup given to me as a promotional gift from a coffee club.It has stainless inside the cup and a cheap unknown metal around the lip of the lid.The lid does leave a metal taste and because of this I rarely use this cup.
R. Green answered on June 8, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Stainless steel is not stainless steel, there are commercial food grade and grades for other purposes.
Sometimes, coffee residue, due to incomplete cleaning, leaves an acid, metallic aftertaste.
High quality 18/10 stainless steel has a polished finish on the outside and a brushed finish on the inside. Sleek, elegant and extremely durable. Built to stand the test of time; Frieling offers a complete line of replacement parts.
(Type 304 stainless is 18/8 chromium/nickel)
Amazon Customer answered on February 13, 2010

A
ZEROING IN answered on March 24, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product