Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
I now have one of these drives connected to my desktop. Can I connect a second one and have everything back up to both drives simultaneously?
asked by readnrider on May 8, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Backing up simultaneously two drives are called mirroring. You can not mirror with usb drives. You can do that if you have two internal drives. You can back up one to another using software back up or drag and drop.
Hope it answers your question.

Regards
Doraswamy Subramony answered on May 8, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you have an Imac with Mountain Lion, you can set Time Machine to back up to two drives. (I'm not sure about previous versions.)
Badger answered on May 8, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe so. Reason is most desktops have more then one or two USB ports and backing up your system using either or both depends on you. Question, why would you need two to back-up one lesser drive. Unless, you have a wud of programs to back-up. plus theres a way to save your back-up filrs online if you want.

I ope this helps.
Lloydwatkins Kahaloa answered on May 8, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can mirror in Windows 8 or Server 2012 Essentials with Storage Spaces.
Erik answered on September 8, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product