Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro forum

Is it safe to leave the controller on the charger at all times even after charging?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2010, 12:39:17 PM PST
Justin says:
Anyone knows?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2010, 8:07:23 AM PST
Most chargers (especially Li-Ion) have to detect when the battery is done charging so it doesn't explode, so they will usually "trickle charge" or shut off the charging all together. I don't know why this would be any different.

Posted on Jan 13, 2011, 3:31:06 PM PST
Cory says:
the instructions recommend that you disconnect the controller once it's fully charged.

But there is an indicator that says when it's fully charged, so it should know and not do any damage. I think the warning is just there to prevent them from getting sued in case something does go wrong with the controllers

Posted on Feb 7, 2011, 6:12:33 AM PST
John Dicroce says:
I have never had any problems with leaving the controllers plugged into the charger. I should also mention that I have my charger and PS3 plugged into a continuous UPS which cleans the power going to the devices.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro
PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro by DreamGEAR (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (415)