Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
Do I need a converter as well as an adaptor for my Kindle Fire 2nd Generation for use in Europe?
asked by janet b on January 22, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Piotr Lubkowski answered on January 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Dear Janet, The converter as shown in the message is all you need in Europe. It works very well and is easy to carry along. Enjoy your stay over here! Regards, Pieter Biesheuvel
Pieter Biesheuvel answered on January 23, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Janet, you don't even need the converter if you have a computer, because you can easily recharge the batery via PC, though I have ordered myself one, just in case I'm somewhere where I don't have laptop. My kindle is not the "Fire" generation but I suppose these things are all the same, and the USB cable which comes with each one is quite sufficient, but then, as I said - one might always find it necessary to recharge battery via the plug, for which this converter is necessary.
VMM answered on January 24, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You definitely need the adapter for the typical two round pin power plug. I don't know if your US converter is a multi source, ie 110 as well as the European required 220~240 V. You can check that easily on you converter. Hope this was of any help.
vdbjo answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Agree with the answers. Adapter is sufficient if you don't want to use USB supply like PC or Notebook.
vdbjo answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Although I do not have a Kindle Fire I expect that this cord will be as effective for your device as it has been for mine. I won't travel without it!
Lady J answered on January 22, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product