Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 DOTD Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Farscape: The Complete Series forum

What is the coolest spaceship of the science-fiction world in your opinion?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2010 9:22:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2010 6:53:23 AM PST
I want to begin a discussion about what each fan thinks about the spaceships presented in the science fiction series. So I believe I will begin by creating a forum for voting the coolest spaceship in the science-fictions series. You can nominate three and you can fiercely defend why you think your favorite spaceships are the coolest!
Mine first
1-MOYA of Farscape. A living ship, called a Leviathan, her quality was almost womb-like and warm, her color soft yellow and amber, with arcades that mimicked the dorsum of sea animals, and the control room with the Pilot, another amazing character and animatronic controlling symbiotically the mothership, that was SO COOL! And MOYA was a mothership in more than one meaning, because she also gave birth to another Leviathan ship in the end of season One, this one born with armaments given to him by her captors, the Peacekeepers. The gestation and birth of MOYA´S baby Leviathan was one of the most memorable parts of season one and not to be forgotten.
2- EXCALIBUR of Crusade. The shape of the spaceship was the most original of all spaceships, because it had the format of a trident and when the canons bursted the rays of each fork converged in a three-way deadly blast with mortal efficiency, a special effect rarely seen in TV.
3-The ALKESH of Stargate SG-1, the Goaul´d cargo ships that figured in many of the classic episodes , when the Tok´ras, Daniel Jackson and Teal´c maneauvered the spaceship with a extremely exotic console, where each button could do anything (and Coronel O´Neill always pressed the wrong button!). From the same franchise, the Puddle-Jump of Stargate Atlantis is also very cool for a cargo ship. The Dedalus and the ship of the Asgards, like Thor´s ship were cool , but more like the Enterprise (beams, etc. etc) , not so surprising nor funny as the Alkesh or the Puddle-Jumper (I remember an episode when the scottish doctor in Stargate Atlantis was learning to drive the Puddle-Jumper, an Ancient ship and was making so many mistakes because he couldn´t read the instructions in the screens, all written in Ancient language! ). Amazing special effects!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 1:23:15 PM PST
Eben Barney says:
1-Millenium Falcon - After reading a ton of books from the star wars universe I love this ship above all others. So many cool stories about it, all the cool mods. It even has its own book about its life and use throughout their galaxy. Plus the odd shape makes it unique among other ships.
2-Although Moya was an awesome ship I liked her son Talon better. They way they showed him developing and being scared. He also had weapons:)
3-Spike's personal ship the Swordfish from Cowboy Bebop. Some thing about the shape and the way it moved made me want one now!

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 4:35:12 PM PST
I have posted this discussion in the Science Fiction forum. I hope everyone answer it there and then perhaps we will elect the coolest spaceships or at least remember why we loved them so much! Everyone talks about the actors and the characters and the scripts, the special effects, and now let´s talk about the spaceships we love the most!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2010 2:17:28 PM PST
Gyrfalcon says:
1: Gunstar from The Last Starfighter: The most heavily armed two-person fighter I think I've ever seen.
2: Galactica from Battlestar Galactica: The gigantic carrier not lonely carried squadrons of fighters, but was heavily armed itself.
3: Serenity from Firefly: Looked like a real cargo ship, the Millennium Falcon did not.

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 9:05:50 PM PST
B. West says:
1: Imperial Star Destroyer. Ever since '77 that has been one of my dream ships.
2: Enterprise Movie Refit, the original E was great, but the refit was just beautiful.
3: The original Battlestar Galactica. She was great. The new one was okay, but isn't as good as the original.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 11:14:34 PM PDT
Alex D. Head says:
In no particular order:

Battlestar Pegasus:A larger, meaner, cutting edge Battlestar as opposed to the Galactica
The White Stars from Babylon 5
Andromeda Ascendant from Andromeda
The Excelsior
The DS9 Defiant

And of course, a certain 6ftx6ft blue Police Call Box

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 6:12:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2011 6:27:15 AM PDT
The 'LEXX'. Fantastic series where the LEXX bio-ship idea predated Farscape's Moya.

LEXX 1997-2002
Farscape 1999-2003

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 4:08:22 AM PDT
KrK says:
The Lexx was a fantastic ship, organic, insectazoid looking.

There are so many super Epic ships in Sci-Fi. No way I can rank them. Ironically I find myself drawn to "Terran Design" ships, aka ships that look like something we'd actually build. The Daedalus class from Stargate, or the Saratoga on Space Above and Beyond, and of course Earth Destroyers from Babylon 5.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 12:11:26 PM PDT
My fav is The Tardis From Doctor Who now it is awsome.
it's bigger on the inside!!! Then Moya & Talon.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 3:12:03 PM PDT
how can you forget the red dwarf

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:55:56 AM PDT
aka:KJB says:
I have to go old school fanboy here (and the TARDIS isn't really a spaceship, BTW but it is my favorite vehicle of all time) and go with the original series ENTERPRISE, followed directly by the NX-01 ENTERPRISE from the last TREK series. It's a really lean & compact version of the beloved NCC-1701 that looks like it could easily match the Millennium Falcon zipping through an asteroid field. I know, the series blew until the fourth season but that one almost makes up for seasons 1-3 (note that I used the word "almost").
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Farscape: The Complete Series
Farscape: The Complete Series by Ben Browder (DVD - 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars (855)