Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Creative Childbirth
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 28, 2011
i don't know... but if you are a mother to be or a practitioner, this book must be in your library... blessings to dr. michelle for her peaceful approach to childbirth!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2000
This was my 2nd birth. I wish I had known about this book the 1st time around.It addressed my fears so well that by the time I got to the hypnosis chapter Ifelt totally empowered.Then I learned how to have adeep inner calm.
on May 17, 2000
YES, there are many other books on childbirth preparation but none prepares the mother and father emotionally the way this does. Afterbeing prepared so well and learning how to feel safe, confident and relaxed my body followed suit. This is amust read for both mother and father.
on November 1, 2005
Dr Leclaire truly seems to understand the mindset of pregnant women.It is both to the point and deep and even addresses the myths we have unconsciously internalized. I loved the stories and the suggested releasing fear exercises.It remains the First and the best book out on addressing all I needed in respecting my mind/body and spirit.and using leclaire hypnobirthing. I used the entire program . I love her CD's and the 2nd edition of" The Leclaire Hypnobirthing Bundle For Happy Hypnomoms And Blissful Hypnobabies" which includes this book and an amazing hypnosis for pregnacy CD ,Hypnosis for Labor/Hypnobirthing CD and the ever so beautiful music "The Baroque Effect" I wish every pregnant mother had an opportunity to read and do this entire life affirming,woman affirming childbirth program.Epidural,C section ,Natural Birth ,whichever you desire this is a must
on January 23, 2006
"HypnoBirthing" was NOT coined nor invented by Marie Mongan, as one of the reviews mentions!

The entire method and the word "HypnoBirthing" was created before 1987 by Michelle LeClaire O'Neill and and then published in a journal around that time. Marie Mongan stole the word and tried to TRADEMARK IT. Legal action was brought against Marie Mongan about a year ago - and brought to the attention of the trademark commission. Michelle LeClaire O'Neill has always had PROOF (not only in publication but elsewhere) that she invented this method and terminology.

This matter is still not settled yet with the trademark office and is currently in review by them.

Given these FACTS and lack of ethics of Mongan's behalf -

I value and trust Michelle LeClaire O'Neill's methods. Michelle is a reproductive psychologist, certified hypnoptherapist and has her own child-birthing methods...that she has been perfecting for over 25 years! Her books and DVDs are wonderful and were created/invented a LONG LONG time ago.

[...]
on February 21, 2000
What a gentle yet powerful approach.Ireally understood what I needed to do to be centered and relaxedand I was able to do it.The book told me all I needed to know and the hypnosis tape for pregnancy and the one for labor prepared me .I played the music as suggested and the baby seems to respond the same way I did---mindfully
on January 27, 2003
This book is more like a pamphlet (100 pages) and mainly consists of the notion that women harbor guilt and fear regarding birth (and life in general). She writes, "Some of the pain and fear of childbirth may stem from the severance woman has experienced (on an unconscience level) from God/self due to the internalization of the myth of original sin." Wow, she both debunks and glorifies Christianity all in one sentence. Her "technique" consists of about 10 pages in the back of the book devoted to progressive relaxation. I gave birth without drugs or intervention by studying the Bradley method (and by believing in myself). I highly recommend Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way and Birthing from Within. Both books give better, more detailed methods of progressive relaxation and are great books for your partner.
on April 4, 2006
My midwife suggested that I try Dr. Leclaire's Books and CDs. After reading and listening to her other books CDs a few times, I knew this was the right route for me. I had 3 epidurals before and 2 very stressful pregnancies....after follwing her methods and listening to the CDs...I was not only very relaxed and calm DURING my pregnancy - but I experienced natural childbirth for the first TIME! Even in the LABOR ROOM, my husband and I worked together as a team...he had learned the techniques and did short versions of them during my contractions. We stayed focused together and it was a beautiful experience. I wish I had known this with my last 3 pregnancies!
on January 27, 2003
This book is more like a pamphlet (100 pages) and focuses mainly on hidden guilt and fear in the mother. It does not teach you anything about what your body is really going through in labor. There are about 5 pages in the back devoted to the "technique" which is really just progressive relaxation, which can be found in other resources. I did not order the tapes because the book was not what I had hoped. I gave birth without any interventions with the help of the Bradley Method and highly recommend Birthing from Within and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way. They are much more complete and also helpful to the birth partner.
on July 2, 2001
What a lovely grasp of Mind/Body Medicine for pregnancy and birth along with amazing hypnobirthing techniques.This truly is a revolutionary book.For me it Is THE book actually ,the only one I really needed for the easy birth I so desired.I also found this to be an excellent therapy for the emotions of pregnancy.Finally,someone truly understands the mind/ body of the pregnant woman and the father.I remained in a delightful trance throughout labor and my truly wonderful birth.This will be the new birthing classic. It's about time!