Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: crocs Unisex Classic Clog
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Format: Apparel|Change
Price:$19.99 - $64.95

Showing 1-10 of 370 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 16, 2008
At first I didn't know what to make of this shoe/sandal... it's lightweight, comfortable and "convertible", which is a nice feature that I've never seen in a sandal before. First, I'll break down the benefits, then give the low-points.

"LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE"
This is probably the most attractive feature of the CROC, because it adds to the comfort and makes you feel like you're walking on air. By far the most comfortable things I've ever worn and I'm a picky shoe person. I have only owned 1 pair of sandals for the past 6 years and have hated every other sandal I've tried on, so these CROCS are definitely special.

"CONVERTIBLE"
You can turn the "sandal" into a "shoe" simply by pushing forward the strap. In "shoe" mode, it's a tighter more snug fit, so you don't have to worry about it coming off your feet. In "sandal" mode, it's easy to slip on and off (although it has a tendency to cling to the bottom of your feet), for that quick trip outside to take out the trash, or pick up your cell phone that you left in the car.

PROBLEM: "SWEATY FEET"
One problem I have with the CROC is that it doesn't ventilate very well. Sure, it's got holes. But the material is such that it traps heat so you're feet end up sweating in warm weather.

PROBLEM: "HOLES ALLOW DEBRIS IN"
Another problem is that the holes allow all sorts of debris into the sandal while you're walking, such as loose rocks, wood chips at the playground, sand and dirt (when you're not at the beach), and rain water (puddles in the parking lot). This means that you're feet get dirty rather quickly and can be uncomfortable at places where there is a lot of debris - eg, playgrounds.

"SIZE & PRICE"
Sizing is a bit weird. I'd recommend going to a store first to try it on and see what size you are. It's hard to find a good selection at a store, so it's best just to dip in for sizing and then purchase the one you want on Amazon. Turned out to be the best thing for me, as I was able to score Army Green Caymans from Amazon, while searching at numerous stores I've only been able to find blue and black Caymans in sizes way too big. For $29.99 I think it's a bit pricey actually, but if you're picky about sandals like me, there's nothing you can do about it.

"STYLE"
One other thing you'll have to get used to is how aesthetically disgusting it is. Let's be frank: it's a damn ugly shoe and there's no way getting around it. It's not the prettiest thing to wear, but it's hands-down the most comfortable. Just be careful where you tread. Definitely not an all-terrain/purpose sandal. Good for beach and casual sidewalk/short trip walking.

"DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BEACH AND CAYMAN STYLES"
None. Except that the sizes for Beach version are "ranges" and are more roomy for your feet. Cayman sizes are exact and are more narrow. Try on before you buy as the versions are not the same.
1212 comments| 395 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2008
Broke down and bought them after my last sliver from my splintery deck.
I went up a half-size because people said they ran small and they weren't in my actual size, and had opposite effect...will buy half-size DOWN in future.
on February 2, 2015
Happy with purchase
review image
on June 28, 2007
I have so many problems with my feet, crocs are like walking barefoot on a soft cusion. I love them
on May 2, 2012
PROS - very comfortable; provide great support for high arches; ventilated well to keep feet cool/not-sweaty; made of light-weight, soft, flexible material that prevents skin irritation/chafing.

CONS - Confusion about which size to select, especially for people who wear 1/2 sizes. My size is somewhere between W 7.5 - 8. Some reviewers recommend rounding down, while others insist on rounding up.

SOLUTION (part one - What Type of Crocs Are You Buying?) - Look at the Crocs Size Chart (google "crocs size chart" to find the official crocs link). Crocs has 3 different categories: "roomy fit," "relaxed fit," and "standard fit." The Classic Clog falls under the "roomy fit" category.

The Crocs sizing chart gives clues about whether you should be rounding down or up based on the type/style of Crocs. (I wish their suggestions were more specific, but their size chart does help a lot; if I hadn't used their chart, I definitely would've rounded up to an 8, which I now know would have been too large.)

SOLUTION (part two - How to Make Crocs Fit You Just Right) - My size 7 Crocs were just a tad too tight. I popped them in the dryer for 2-3 minutes and then stretched out the heel strap while warm. I ended up stretching them too much and stuck them in the dryer again to shrink them a bit. And now they fit perfectly.
on January 5, 2016
Okay, so, let me get this review started off by saying I hate the way the original crocs look. I know, I know, so do a lot of people, but I really hate the way they look. I have always had large feet for a woman (10/10.5), so I really don’t like shoes that emphasize the fact that I am walking around with feet that could double as water skis at a moment’s notice. As many of you have observed, these shoes are not very good at minimizing the appearance of the size of feet they are on.

Okay, so now that I have my fussing out of the way, I love my crocs. To the point where if my house was on fire and I could save one pair of shoes, I would save my crocs.

I was first introduced to crocs when I was 20 after I developed an almost crippling case of plantar fasciitis due to working a retail job where I wore heels on hard tiled floor for 10+ hours, 5-6 days a week. I could barely walk without being in excruciating pain. Not fun. I went to see a podiatrist who didn’t do any of the useful things most would have done like offering the night splints or anything like that. He said that I could do a series of injections in my feet, which sounded oh-so appealing, or I could do some stretches, stay off my feet as much as possible, and try wearing crocs whenever I could. I took option b. I started wearing my crocs from the moment that I got up, until I had to go to work, where I now had a doctor’s note saying that I had to have comfortable, flat shoes. I didn’t wear the crocs to work, that would have been pushing it, but I did wear the most comfortable shoes I could without making my department manager’s eye twitch when she looked at them. Then, as soon as I got home, I would take them off, and put my crocs back on. The pain lessened almost immediately, and while it was a combination of keeping off my feet, the stretches, and the crocs, the shoes were definitely the most important factor. They helped so much that I wore them outside of the house while running errands. Within a month, the pain had gone from an all-day, all-consuming factor, to something bothered me for only one hour after waking. After two months, I didn’t even need to wear them anymore, so I stopped.

Fast-forward five and a half years and I am pregnant with my first child and the crocs came out yet again. They were my best friends during the second and third trimester and I haven’t put them up since. For some reason, probably partially due to the way I sleep, which allows my muscles in my calves and ankles to tense up really well, I have had a mild problem ever since having my daughter. It isn’t debilitating like the first time, it only hurts for about 10 minutes when I first get up in the morning and I am stretching my muscles out, but I wear my crocs at all times when I am in the house. My husband, whom I met after my first experience with crocs teased me about them quite a lot. He is European and thinks that crocs are some bizarre American fashion statement and had an excellent time laughing at them. But he also has a job where he is on his feet all day, and a month ago he started showing symptoms of plantar fasciitis. I gave him my crocs to wear around the house, remember, I have giant feet, and they went up a size due to my pregnancy to boot (11) , and he has wears a 10.5 in men’s shoes, so while mine were a little tight, they were comfortable enough. He stopped giving me any grief after he spent a few days clomping around the house in my bright purple crocs. After I peeled myself off the floor after a very satisfying guffaw I got him to admit that they were really helping and that he didn’t want to walk around without them anymore. Victory is mine! So, because I wanted me crocs back, guess what he got for Christmas? A lovely pair of plain, black crocs all his own.

Now, I’m not a doctor or nurse of any kind, but I can tell that these have really helped my husband and I ease the pain from, and in my earlier case eliminate, a painful condition. Are they pretty? No. Have they worked for us? Yes.

I have a pair of size Women's 11 crocs right now and they are perfect for walking around the house, but they are a bit loose, I wouldn't want to try to sprint in them. I have wide feet, and they are perfectly roomy, not tight at all.

I bought my husband a Men's size 10, he usually wears a 10.5, and they are a little roomy for him as well, but not to the point where it is an issue. So, judging from my experience, these run a little large and wider than average.
on April 29, 2012
This is the shoe that every teenager should be wearing when they leave the house. Abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy, STDs, and other associated health problems. Don't leave it up to them.
on January 7, 2016
Okay so maybe I won't win any fashion awards but there is something rewarding about getting to a point in your life where you truly stop caring about what other people think. Haters gonna hate. There is also something rewarding about comfortable feet. Crocs are rewarding shoes. I bought my first pair as camp shoes. I had heard that they were light weight and super comfortable. Perfect for chilling out around camp after a long day of hiking... or stream crossing. They even float. They worked really well for everything campy/stream crossy that I could throw their way and so much more. They became my house shoes, my flight shoes, my long drive shoes, my dog walking shoes, my bring to work when I need to wear rain boots to work shoes, and of course, my impressing the ladies shoes. I graduated from (please don't look at my feet) black to (screw you) electric green over the course of a few pair. I truly don't give a rip, I love 'em so I love 'em loud. I have tried other Crocs models, love 'em. Tried Crocs flip flops, love them, too. They are just as comfortable as it gets.
The only problem I have noticed is that the rivets can pop after a bit of wear and after the tread starts to wear out, they can get a little slippery on oily pavement or slick tile floors. The solutions to those problems is to get your self a few Chicago Screws and be careful on wet floors.
review image
VINE VOICEon February 12, 2011
This was a great introduction, for me, to the Crocs Classic Sandal. First of all, it is roomy in the toe area. A great plus, since, I intend to wear these in the garden, while standing for extended periods of time. I do not have good arch support in my feet, and the Crocs Classic Sandal feels like it is gently cradling my arch - just lovely. They come in a handsome black (as well as a spectrum of other shades). Simple and well constructed. Recommended.
on April 19, 2016
Bought a pair of these from another source and sized up to the nearest whole size since I wear a 9 1/2. Wrong move! Fortunately, another family member could use them. Amazon to the rescue again! Ordered the size 9 I needed and got them very quickly. Very happy with the fit and comfort of the correctly sized Crocs. They are now going to put a lot of miles on in my garden.