- Product Dimensions: 31.5 x 16.9 x 13.4 inches ; 7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8.4 pounds
- ASIN: B00HOATAAK
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 4653474100
- Average Customer Review: 81 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #38,713 in Baby (See Top 100 in Baby) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Deuter Kid Comfort 3 Framed Child Carrier for Hiking
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- JPMA CERTIFIED FOR SAFETY - Independently tested to exceed state and federal safety guidelines; Soft padded 5-point safety harness adjusts to the child’s size and height; Developed with a pediatric specialist to promote safe, healthy sitting position; Wide kickstand offers stability when pack is set down
- MAXIMUM VENTILATION - Deuter’s innovative AirContact back system delivers a body-hugging fit paired with unmatched breathability; The large open pore structure of the AirContact pads performs a pump effect, whereby every movement prompts the exchange of air moving warmth and moisture away from the body; The result: 15% less perspiration than with other body-contour packs
- COMFORTABLE FOR KIDS & PARENTS - Step-in side access makes it simpler to get kids in and out of the carrier; Soft chin pad provides optimum support for little ones to rest or nap and is removeable and washable; Height-adjustable footrests keep little legs warm and promote circulation; An aluminum frame pairs up with ergonomic, padded hip belt and load adjustment straps for optimal load transfer and stability
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE - VariFit system easily adjusts to the exact length of the wearer’s back, perfect for quickly swapping the pack between mom and dad without first having to remove child from the carrier; Anatomically shaped, pivoting VariFlex hip wings follow your every movement, even on steep or uneven terrain; S-shaped shoulder straps relieve neck strain
- FEATURES & SPECS - 2 grab handles makes pack easy to lift without assistance; Ample storage pockets and compartments; Integrated, collapsible sunroof; Compatible with 2- or 3-liter hydration systems and rain cover (sold separately); Includes teddy bear; Weight Limit: 48.5 lbs (22kg). Volume: 18 L; Item Weight: 7lb 11oz (3.5kg); Dimensions: 31 x 17 x 13 in; Material: MacroLite 210 / PU Coated Super-Polytex
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Introduce little ones to the wonders of nature with comfort and ease! The Deuter Kid Comfort 3 provides first-class travel for its passengers and captain on any family expedition. The pivoting Vari-Flex hip belt delivers ultimate comfort and load control while the stability and comfort of the softly padded, high-rise backrest and integrated sun roof keeps your little one cozy and shaded during those bluebird day hikes. The only problem you might encounter? Your passenger might refuse to exit the cockpit. JPMA certified for safety, this child carrier is ideal for kids weighing between 16 and 40 pounds who can sit up by themselves. Tested by Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine. Awarded Best Hiking Carrier by Outside Magazine.
The Best Child Carriers by Deuter
Comfortable for Parents. Safe for Kids.
Since 1898 innovation and quality design have characterized the Deuter brand. Fit, ventilation and function are the key factors that shape each pack, including the child carriers. Deuter’s JPMA certified Kid Comfort packs are designed for parents looking for safe, ventilated, comfortable and highly adjustable carriers that allow families to explore nature together.
The Kid Comfort Series is designed for heavy use while withstanding the test of time. Through the design, material selection, and production processes, Deuter seeks maximum longevity in their products. Kid Comforts are backed by the Deuter Promise, a commitment to free or minimum-cost repair, ensuring a lifetime of use from your pack.
- Fold out kickstand with audible click-in function
- Large zippered cargo space beneath seat and back stretch pocket with buckle closure
- Convenient child side entry plus stirrups with high and low attachment points
- Integrated, storable rearview mirror and sun roof (rain cover sold separately)
- Sturdy aluminum frame for maximum stability
- Large, super soft ergonomic chin pad, removable and washable
- Fits waist size 24 - 54" and carries up to 48.5 lbs. (total volume 18L)
The Aircontact Pro Backsystem
The Aircontact Pro backsystem creates flexibility and comfort with pivoting hip fins to follow complex body movements and two ergonomically formed V-shape aluminum stays to transfer up to 70% of load to the hips. A pull forward hip belt and shoulder stabilization straps create precision load control while specialized layers of hollow chamber foam pump heat and moisture away from the body. The VariFit-slide provides easy adjustment to a range of torso lengths and a great fit for all parents.
Kid Comfort System
A 5-point safety harness is designed with a child’s proportions in mind. Simple adjustability and color-coded buckles make the carrier easy to handle. The height of the seat is easily modified, even when occupied, and promotes a safe, comfortable, and healthy ergonomic seating position; the width of the seat widens or lessens in relation to the chosen seat height and, in combination with adjustable stirrups, creates a perfect individual position. (Stirrups not included on the Kid Comfort 1.)
Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certifications go beyond required ASTM testing and offer the most stringent child safety standards in America. Testing includes flammability, hazardous materials, labelling, physical and mechanical durability/functionality, and impact testing. All Kid Comfort carriers are tested and JPMA certified for use with children who can independatally sit upright and maintain head control, up to a maximum load capacity of 48 lbs.
|Kid Comfort 1||Kid Comfort 2||Kid Comfort 3||Kid Comfort Air|
|Total Volume||14 Liters||16 Liters||18 Liters||14 Liters|
|Back System||Aircomfort Mesh||Aircontact Pro Foam Padding||Aircontact Pro Foam Padding||Aircomfort Mesh|
|Pack Weight||5 lb 7 oz||7 lbs 3 oz||7 lbs 11 oz||6 lbs 3 oz|
|Torso Range||15-20 inches||15-20 inches||15-20 inches||15-20 inches|
|Hip Belt Range||24-54 inches||24-54 inches||24-54 inches||24-54 inches|
|Weight Limit||48.5 lbs||48.5 lbs||48.5 lbs||48.5 lbs|
Color: Black/Granite | Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
81 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We decided to buy this one after researching reviews of the Kelty Pathfinder 3.0 and the Deuter Kid Comfort 3. This is SO extremely comfortable. The hips in this versus the Osprey Poco Premium are night and day. I also feel like this one is safer for my little girl. This one has a 5 point harness, much like a carseat. So instead of straps only going over the shoulder, they go over both legs as well. So if you need to bend down to pick something up, your child feels much more secure. The back the the child's back rests on comes up much higher, also providing more neck support.
I really like the pillow drool pad feature on this one. The osprey one was more so just material that could be removed and spot cleaned. But on the Deuter its an actual comfy pillow, so its a lot easier for a child to fall asleep on during hikes.
You can load your kiddo in by side-loading (as opposed to only putting the kid in through the top of the carrier. This is a great feature, especially as your child grows.
The kick stand - You can have the kick stand pushed in even if you have things in the lower storage compartment. On the osprey the lower compartment blocks the kickstand from shutting.
Overall, it's just WAY more comfortable than the Osprey Poco Premium AG. I also like the material better. I feel like it's more secure for my child.
Deuter was slightly more comfortable for the adult.
Osprey has way more storage space in the main compartment, but it also gave the pack a very bulky look. You can fold in the kickstand of the Osprey if the storage is full.
I wasn’t a fan of the fleece in Ospreys child cockpit because we will be hiking in hot and humid Hawaii. Deuters was much more breathable
Deuter had better padding all around but Osprey has a much more high end look and feel.
If we had a young baby, we would have gone with the Osprey. But the Deuter was the clear favorite with our toddlers and should give us a few years of use.
It does help to have another person to assist in the beginning until you get use to it. But now I can strap my kid while the backpack is standing up at the back of my SUV and then squat a little to strap it to myself. Just took some practice. would recommend to anyone that is somewhat fit and willing to give some time to get use to it.
Just a tip- I practiced with my kid in it walking through a park before I hit the trails.