Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
John Boos Block BWCB Butcher Block Board Cream, 5 ounce Tube
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- John Boos Block Board Cream is designed to replenish the moisture lost over time and from repeated washings. It is designed to be "Step 2" in caring for wood cutting boards, butcher blocks, bowls, tabletops, countertops or utensils. ("Step 1" is John Boos Mystery Oil, sold separately on Amazon)
- This tube has 5 fl oz/148 mL.
- USA Made John Boos Block Board cream is a thick and silky cream made from natural unbleached beeswax and food grade mineral oil. This all natural formula penetrates deeply into the grains of the wood, leaves a silky wax barrier and locks moisture in
- Simple to use: spread evenly over desired surface; let cream soak in (preferably overnight, wipe off excess
- NSF Certified (National Sanitation Foundation), and safe for use on food preparation surfaces
- Proudly Made in the USA
|Explore Sports Nutrition, exclusively on Amazon|
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
John Boos Board Cream
Protects the life of your board!
Board cream is best used as the second step after a quick coating of John Boos Mystery Oil (sold separately on Amazon). John Boos Board cream is a thick and silky cream made from unbleached beeswax and food grade mineral oil. It will lock in moisture and leave a smooth barrier against future washings.
Easy to Use
Simply squeeze board cream from the tube directly onto the cutting board or butcher block. Use your hands, a paper towel or cloth to spread it across the board. This process is designed to mimic the special treatment every John Boos board and butcher blocks gets during the manufacturing process.
Once the cream has had a few minutes to sink in, wipe off the excess. Your cutting board, butcher block or wooden utensil will look beautuifully moisturized and will be better protected for future use. Repeat as needed, and your Boos Cutting Board or Butcher Block will sure to become a heirloom piece to be enjoyed for years to come.
John Boos Oil & Cream: Complete Care for Wooden Cutting Boards, Utensils & More
John Boos recommends a very quick, simple and easy maintenance routine to protect and prolong the life of your John Boos cutting board or butcher block.
Use John Boos Mystery Oil first. The oil is absorbed into the grain, nourishing and preserving the board and restoring moisture lost through repeated washings.
Use John Boos Butcher Block Cream second to lock restored moisture in and leave a silky barrier against future drying, bleaching and cracking.
Both John Boos Mystery Oil and Board Cream are food safe and great for use on all types of wooden boards, utensils and more.
The History of John Boos & Co
In 1887, Effingham, Illinois blacksmith Conrad Boos used a Sycamore tree placed on three legs while hammering horseshoes. Three years later, a local butcher realized a wooden Boos Block could be used for cutting meat, and had one custom made. Word spread to surrounding small towns and cities and by 1911, John Boos & Co was shipping custom butcher blocks from coast to coast. Throughout the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s, John Boos expanded their production and product range to include tables and workbenches, the majority of which went to the war effort during WWII. By the 1940s, John Boos had earned their outstanding reputation for quality and craftsmanship, and John Boos butcher blocks were found in every restaurant, food store and butcher shop in America. Today, the traditional craftsmen work ethic is still alive and well at John Boos, where all boards and butcher blocks are still proudly manufactured in Effingham, Illinois. Often imitated, John Boos boards and blocks are favorites of professional chefs and can be found in restaurants and commercial settings worldwide.