Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Allows any PC to connect serial devices and programs that communicate through COM ports
- 24-inch cable with standard USB Type A Male to standard 9-pin DB9 RS-232 serial connector
- PL-2303 Chipset for widest possible compatibility with Windows (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP), Mac, Linux, and other platforms
- Programmable baud rate from 75 bits per second to 128,000 bits per second. Plug and play creation of a COM port. Powered by USB - no external power needed
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Allows Any PC to Connect with Legacy RS-232 Serial Devices
Features a Prolific PL-2303HX Rev D chipset for the best combination of performance and wide driver support. Drivers available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Vista; Mac OS X 10.6 and later; open source drivers included in Linux kernel 2.4.31 and later. Windows 7 - 10 automatically detects and guides driver install without disk. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows (MS Surface RT).
Works with devices with RS-232 serial ports such as other PCs with RS-232 ports, Bluetooth serial adapters, telescopes, amateur radio gear, GPS receivers, routers, firewalls, modems, plotters, embedded character displays, scan tools, sonar units, embedded boards and many others. Specific devices include: Garmin eTrex GPS, Seiko Label Printer, iRobot Create, Cisco products with serial consoles, US Robotics Modems, NexStar telescopes, Equus Scan Tools, Uniden Hand Held Scanners, etc. Works with software like: HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, WinDBG, all open source serial software on Linux, etc.
Connector compatibility note
The DB9 connector has fixed female side screw in connections. For connecting to a device that also has fixed female side connectors an inexpensive DB9 Female/Female Mini Gender Changer (Coupler) or a standard serial cable will be needed.
We use only genuine Prolific chips. There has been a problem with some USB serial adapters using clone chips not actually from Prolific. These adapters will not work with Prolific's latest drivers, thus won't have support on recent operating systems like Windows 7 - 10. Because we only use genuine Prolific chips, our adapter is always compatible with the latest drivers from Prolific.