BTECH UV-5X3 5 Watt Tri-Band Radio VHF, 1.25M, UHF, Amateur (Ham), Includes Dual Band Antenna, 220 Antenna, Earpiece, Charger, and More
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- BaoFeng Tech is the only authorized BaoFeng & BTECH Distributor to honor the Manufacturer Warranty. Only BaoFeng Tech offers warranty claims without shipping anything to China. You must insure that BaoFeng Tech is your selected buying option when buying to be able to have the full USA warranty.
- What's New: Tri-band Frequency Range Display Sync DTMF Decode Incoming ANI Display Remote Stun, Kill, Revive, Inspect, and Monitor Selectable Frequency Range Scanning Remove/Add Channels from Scanning Right in Menu
- Recommended Accessories: Pair UV-5X3 with the Nagoya NA-320A Antenna for all-in-one antenna option. The PC03 FTDI Cable is recommended for easy computer programming - Uses CHIRP Software
- Features: VOX Talk Around Mode Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO) Transmission Time Out Channel Receive Only (TX OFF) Frequency Reverse Squelch Tail Elimination (STE) Work Mode (Selectable VFO/ Menu Lockout) Alpha Numeric Channel Storage PC Programmable
- Kit Includes: UV-5X3 Radio, 1500mAh Battery, V-85 Dual Band Antenna, 220MHz Single Band Antenna, CH-5 Charger, CH-5 110V Adapter, Earpiece Kit, Wrist Strap, Belt Clip, User Manual
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
BTECH UV‑5X3 - Adding 220MHz (1.25M) was just the start!
While maintaining the same classic design to allow full backward accessory capability, don't let the appearance fool you: The BTECH UV‑5X3 is the only radio in the series with new firmware features and menu updates!
New Firmware, Features, Options, and Menus: Only available on the UV‑5X3.
An exciting, new feature on the UV‑5X3 takes full advantage of the LCD's dual line display. In the past the dual display allowed you to monitor two different frequencies at once. Unfortunately, for user's that only wanted to monitor a single channel, the secondary line was of no use... until the UV‑5X3!
The UV‑5X3 allows users, who want to display the most information at once, to synchronize the display. This allows the LCD to show both the channel's frequency and channel name simultaneously. Display synchronization allows the user to maximize the available information seen at a glance!
Modify the Scanning List
A brand new menu allows for one of the biggest conveniences while scanning: Modifying the Scanning List!
Before the UV‑5X3, you couldn't manage the channel scan list without a computer. The brand new menu in the UV‑5X3 allows you to easily add and remove channels from the scanning list. Have a nuicanse channel that you want removed from the scan list? You no longer need to go home to a computer to remove it: A simple menu allows you modify your channel scan list without a computer
Channel Mode Modifications
The UV‑5X3 comes out of the rut that all other UV‑5 series radios are stuck in. The UV‑5X3, built with the amateur radio operator in mind, allows channel modifications on-the-fly.
Previously and on other current UV‑5 models, you were forced to delete a channel and then recreate it from scratch if you wanted to alter any settings.
The UV‑5X3 allows common edits to the channels: Such as adding, changing, or removing the privacy tones (CTCSS & DCS); or changing the power level. You no longer have to delete and recreate the channel over simple channel modifications.
Scan a Frequency Range
Scanning in frequency mode, just became practical! Exclusively on the BTECH UV‑5X3: You are able to scan through a specific frequency range.
Scanning frequencies before the UV‑5X3 required the user to scan the full frequency band they were using. This was not practical if you only wanted to watch for activity on a particular section of the band (such as only 222-225MHz in the above pictured example). The UV‑5X3 will scan at the frequency step you select in menu, which allows you to scan by increments from 2.5 to 50KHz. You can now scan through a fine tuned portion of the receiving band without having to wait and scan the whole band!
BTECH UV-5X3 Tri-bander (VHF/1.25M/UHF) Analog Portable Radio
What's New and Different?
- Tri-band Frequency Range
- Display Sync
- DTMF Remote Decode (Receive Remote Commands)
- Incoming ANI Display
- Remote: Stun, Kill, Revive, Inspect, and Monitoring
- On-the-Go Selectable Frequency Range Scanning
- Remove and Add Channels from Scanning Right in Menu
- Full Backward Accessory Compatibility with ALL UV-5R and BF-F8HP accessories
Customize Your Operation with channels, Programmable Buttons, and more!
You can program your UV-5X3 exactly how you want it. There are 128 programmable memory channels. You can add or remove channels from scanning list using the free computer software. You can give channels alphanumeric names, using a computer. The radio has 2 power levels (5 watt maximum), allowing you to choose how far you can communicate. You can set VFO limits using the CHIRP software. You can easily program from a PC to set-up the radio to operate exactly as needed.
The First Affordable VHF, 1.25M, UHF Tri-Band Handheld Transceiver
- UV-5X3 Radio
- 1500mAh Battery
- V-85 Dual Band Antenna
- 220MHz Single Band Antenna
- CH-5 Charger
- CH-5 110V Adapter
- Earpiece Kit
- Wrist Strap
- Belt Clip
- User Manual
Accessories and Computer Programming
Pair UV-5X3 with the Nagoya NA-320A Antenna for all-in-one antenna option. The PC03 FTDI Cable is recommended for easy computer programming.
The BTECH UV-5X3 is supported in CHIRP, for easy computer programming on Windows, OSX, and Linux.
BTECH: We are proud to be here in the USA
The UV-5X3 went through extensive development, before its public debut. It was not worth rushing a radio if it couldn't be our best.
BTECH radios are designed and supported here in the US. A BTECH label means you are getting a radio with real US based warranty, support, and development! If you ever have an issue our team will be prompt, knowledgable, and supportive, to ensure the radio operates exactly as it should.