Anthony S. Fauci
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Anthony S. Fauci
The landmark guide to internal medicine—
updated and streamlined for today’s students and clinicians
The only place you can get ALL the great content found in the two print volumes AND the acclaimed DVD in one convenient resource!
Through six decades, no resource has matched the authority, esteemed scholarship, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Capturing the countless advances and developments across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to disease pathogenesis, clinical trials, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new Nineteenth Edition:
- Content is practically organized around two basic themes: education and clinical practice
- The teaching and learning sections cover foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; the content devoted to clinical practice focuses on disease pathogenesis and treatment
- NEW chapters on important topics such as Men’s Health, The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Fatigue, and many more
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Hepatitis, Coronary Artery Disease, Ebola Virus Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Increased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; crystal clear, full color drawings and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, are available for easy download
Supporting the renowned coverage are supplemental resources that reflect and assist modern medical practice: more than 1,000 full-color photographs to aid visual recognition skills, hundreds of state-of-the-art radiographs, from plain film to 3D CT to PET Scans; beautiful illustrations that bring applied anatomy and processes to life; the renowned Harrison’s patient-care algorithms, essential summary tables, and practical demonstrative videos. In addition, several digital atlases highlight noninvasive imaging, percutaneous revascularization, gastrointestinal endoscopy, diagnosis and management of vasculitis, and numerous other issues commonly encountered in clinical practice.
Acclaim for Harrison’s:
“Covering nearly every possible topic in the field of medicine, the book begins with a phenomenal overview of clinical medicine, discussing important topics such as global medicine, decision-making in clinical practice, the concepts of disease screening and prevention, as well as the importance of medical disorders in specific groups (e.g. women, surgical patients, end of life). The extensive chapters that follow focus on a symptom-based presentation of disease and then illness organized by organ system.