- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Graefe und Unzer Verlag (September 1, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3833815388
- ISBN-13: 978-3833815386
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 0.8 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,317,751 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
delicious days Paperback – September 1, 2008
Top Customer Reviews
* It has great looking pictures of great looking food - real food, that has not been styled with paint, hairspray, etc. If you cook a recipe you can be sure that it is really going to look like in the book.
* It has great recipes that make you stand up from your couch and go looking in your pantry. No, she doesn't have any "breakthrough" recipes, no inventions important for the mankind, but easy to follow recipes with ingredients you can easily find and results that will make everyone ask for more. A lot of inspirations, nice combinations and you can be sure to get what she promises to deliver. And you can be sure that she has cooked these recipes, all of them and more than once, she knows the nooks and the crannies and warns you of pitfalls and gives valuable tips.
* And it has great stories, the personal touch that most cookbooks miss. Some will remind you of your own experiences and some will make you curious about the subject. A friend of mine, who has been living in Italy for 10 years, said after reading Nicky's account of her childhood visits to Italy with the grandparents: "Yes, exactly, this is it, so is Italy, she understands the soul of it". And the neighborhood cafe she is talking about makes me want to take a trip to Munich, visit this woman and drink a Latte Macchiato with her.
* Some details: A light tendency to desserts and baked goods, the savory dishes with an emphasis on vegetables (but not totally vegetarian - look for the great duck recipe!), cuisines of many countries/regions that you can cook almost anywhere in the world.
What else can you want of a cookbook?
Kaisersmarrn is something my Mom has made for my sister and me and also for my children. I think I'll surprise her and make it for her instead.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Nicole. Now I just need to know if there is a way I can get my hands on a copy in German!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
wonderful book! as good as the website. Oliver's photography and Nikkis recipes are an unbeatable combo that reflects in every page of this book. well worth every cent.Published on December 11, 2013 by Aditya Mohan
I've loved her website for a while now, and was pleased with the book. There are some very unique recipes yet also some old recipes from her family. I'm glad I got it.Published on October 29, 2011 by R. Steele
This was on a 'Wish list' for a family member. She loved it, and I loved
the ease of ordering, and the great service from Amazon. Great purchase.