Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Will this device work with Windstream DSL service? I'm told I can only use the wireless modem/router they gave me, but it's really bad!
asked by twinssun on May 29, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I really don't know, you will have to call your ISP service to see if it does work with what they got. I have centurylink so it works with them. The software is easy to install, you need to go to http://192.168.0.1/index_real.html to install the software , but if you had a password and use id then you need to put the id and password in the login or get it reset like I had to then it should work, or call Actiontech tech support for the right ip address and isp protocol address's. hope this works out for you. It should work for all DSL Services.
shawn answered on May 29, 2013
Comments (4) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not personally familiar with Windstream, but DSL works on standard protocols, so I would be shocked if this did not work. I have heard of Qwest (my provider) telling people that they have to use Qwest's hardware to access DSL, also. What that means is that they won't support hardware they don't sell, not that it won't actually work. It sounds like that is what Windstream is actually telling you. Also, I have read reviews that say Actiontec's tech support is wonderful. I would suggest you contact them and ask. They will know for sure.
T. Willardson answered on May 29, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
actiontec says you only have to put in your e-mail address and password and it should work fine.
Deborah L. Bigelow answered on May 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tracy Ayers answered on May 29, 2013

A
I use Windstream Service in Arkansas and I can tell you that it is provided in the quick setup screen for selection and I did not have any problems. I did have to provide the Email address and Password to the service to the modem setup screen, everything else was provided by the modem. I went to this unit due to the low quality and fire hazard of the speedstream 4200 modem that I rented from them. I was never happy with the service until I upgraded with my purchase of the Actiontec 300 DSL modem. It is very cool in temp for this hot summer and very fast. Hope this helped.
Timothy D. Dickey answered on July 5, 2013

A
I live in North GA(with Windstream) and this one setup faster and has more features that the Windstream modem that they wanted $7 per month to lease.
Georgia Mountain answered on December 8, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not familiar with Windstream DSL service but you should be able to check line attenuation from the modem inputs and verify that the lines do not show attenuation around 30 db or greater in which case the Actiontec will probably not function steadily.
irish2 answered on May 29, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product