Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
What is the difference between this model and 5200, Vita-Prep? There are so many different models, does anyone know the difference between them?
asked by VitaConfused on August 29, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
bird lover answered on July 28, 2009
Comment | 18 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
MacGuffin answered on August 29, 2010
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This machine doesn't have the pulse feature, nor does it have presets--that's a different "Pro" model. I'm a moderator on a Vitamix support group and we have a few members who have the model with the presets/pulse; none of them think it's worth the extra money. For that matter, you can manually pulse with any of the 5200-type machines by switching it on and off. It's not as smooth as a dedicated pulse button but it'll do.
MacGuffin answered on June 14, 2011
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, it definitely does. You can confirm this by contacting Vitamix--they have a toll-free number.
MacGuffin answered on December 26, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a question. Little has been said about the pulse feature yet I have a friend who uses the pulse for a smoothie instead of the variable speed. Do all the models of Vitamix have the pulse? And are they all 64 oz? And do they all have the variable speed? Because if the model 5200 has all these things and the CIA Pro also has them, then what's the difference other than price?
Bonnie J. Hawkins answered on February 10, 2011
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Polycarbonate containers; Are they BPA free?
Maureen answered on December 26, 2010
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am thinking to purchase Vitamix CIA and bring it back home by checking into the plane. Is the packaging solid enough to just check in as it is? Appreciate your sharing.
Proud Malaysian answered on June 14, 2011
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think your best bet would be to call Vitamix direct and ask them what they think.
MacGuffin answered on June 14, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How effective is the wheat to flour function? Considering ALL of the VitaMix machines and containers - which makes the more floury (not grainy) flour.
Also, does it work for grrinding meat? Help
Ladybyrd answered on January 8, 2012
Comments (3) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series, PlatinumHow effective is the wheat to flour function? Considering ALL of the VitaMix machines and containers - which makes the more floury (not grainy) flour.
Also, does it work for grrinding meat? Help

PS: are any of the containers useful on all of the vitamix models - old and new?
Ladybyrd answered on January 8, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product