Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012, 5:22:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012, 5:22:22 PM PST
i noticed this item is also available at bestbuy for $35 but with exclusive content
any idea what the exclusive content is and how long it is?

Posted on Dec 6, 2012, 9:32:49 PM PST
Hamza says:
I spoke with customer service. The one priced $35 with 'Exclusive Content' isn't actually the same listing as the one for $27 on Amazon (or $30 at Best Buy), but unlike the 'Limited Edition Giftset' it does not include the 64-page excerpt booklet "Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy," just the three movies plus a code for a download of the documentary "The Dark Knight Reborn," a 35-minute exclusive about the making of the trilogy with "additional behind-the-scenes footage". I would assume that's what they mean by 'Exclusive Content' but I can't say what exactly is in that documentary since I haven't seen it. Also it supposedly has slightly different box art.

After hearing that I just went with the $30 box set (same as this one on Amazon) because it just seemed like a better value. When you look at it, it was less than $10 per movie when you consider the special features discs and booklet thrown into the package. The value for the documentary download was still probably thrown into the $35 exclusive set at BB but you can still purchase the download for $15 if it really means that much to you.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012, 8:54:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012, 8:54:55 AM PST
The above info is inaccurate.

If you go to Best Buy, they have the $30 and $35 sets, and the $35 sets are almost impossible to tell from the others except for a sticker that says it includes The Dark Knight Reborn and a brief mention of it on the back cover. Otherwise, the coverart is identical.

BOTH trilogy sets from Best Buy DO include the 64 page Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy booklet.

I bought one of the $35 ones and can tell you, mine has both the Reborn documentary and the 64 page book. It is the definitive version (for now).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer